Golden Axe

Started by Dylan Thomas, August 09, 2015, 02:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Thomas

This is my favorite game. I play it on my MAME.  For awhile I played every day.

I can finish the game in about ten minutes. I can get a perfect score on it, completing the entire game without losing a life.

I'm working on completing the game without getting hit once.  I may go the New Hampshire to the video game championships at Funspot and compete at some point, though I'll have to get an actual arcade machine first and train.  That would be dope.

Anyone else a fan??
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

sleestak

It was my favorite game when I was younger.  Still is awesome.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RalphSnart_2

I remember playing the old Sega versions at somebody's house. I was a Nintendo kid myself.

Golden Axe 3 might be my all time favorite arcade game though. Never beat it myself but I remember being at "Dream Machine" when I was like 14 and watching a couple Jay and Silent Bob looking guys stack up some quarters and go all the way. "Yo Silent Bob, Death Adder is such a pussy!"

socket

Slee introduced me to this shit. The pleading dying peasants roped me in. Not sure I've played the 3rd one. Gotta load that shit up on my mame cab.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: socket on August 11, 2015, 02:16:54 AM
Slee introduced me to this shit. The pleading dying peasants roped me in. Not sure I've played the 3rd one. Gotta load that shit up on my mame cab.

Yeah, you can get the first two for MAME.  The second one has some flaws with the graphics in parts.  It's also more of a coin muncher, I don't think there's anyway you can make it through the whole game on one life.  The first one, you most certainly can, if you're good enough  ;)

I've never seen the 3rd one, my understanding was it was only released in Japan on consoles in the 90's, and then released on some weird compilation things in the U.S. in the mid 2000's??  I didn't know there was ever an arcade version.

breatheeasy86

Nice one man to finish this in just 10 minutes is a n achievement like thing.

Hope you finish it without being hit once.

Well done and hope for the best.
Guessing not playing it in the GOD MODE!!!! ;D

robertbolton

I loved the game play of the game. I lately started with the game again and will continue to play until I acheter world of warcraft  .

Beta Cloud

classic. fantastic. lost alot of brain cells playing it.
why does it hurt when i pee?

Dylan Thomas

UGH!!!!  I've been practicing a lot, playing at least one game a day.

I just beat the game with a perfect score (no lives lost), though I almost did not get hit throughout the entire game.  I lost one bar of life to Death Adder, when he knocked me off my blue dragon with one of those stupid thunder quake ground punches he does.  Those are really easy to dodge, I just didn't anticipate him getting one off before I hit him with the next round of dragon fire.....

I'm really hoping to be able to beat this without losing any life.  I'm developing new tricks every day.  A lot of the game is pattern recognition, and figuring out the glitches within the game.  You can get four enemies on the stage 3 to commit suicide and go off a cliff if you stand in the right place.  You can knock most of the skeletons off edges without actually fighting them very much. They messed up in programming Death Adder so that he can't go off the sides of the screen like the other enemies, and you can beat him without getting hit by making him move vertically into your attacks.

I figured out a new one where there's a spot you can stand where enemies will just jump back and forth into your attacks and are unable to attack because they get caught in a jumping pattern.

Maybe I'll have someone video a game at some point and put it up on Youtube....

RalphSnart_2

Golden Axe 3 is on the Sega Genesis Collection I have for XBox 360. It kind of sucks. Or isn't nearly as good as "Revenge Of Death Adder". What I've really been geeking out on is Golden Axe Warrior, the dead-on ripoff of the first Legend Of Zelda that is included as a bonus game.

eoin_not_ian

I liked Golden Axe but thought it was a bit limited.

Golden Axe II was a great game, loved that.

Tried Golden Axe III but thought it was pretty difficult and a bit shit.

Replace 'Golden Axe' with 'Streets of Rage' and you also have my opinions on that series of games.

Always played as the dwarf character or the woman. Thought that the Ax Battler character was a bit rubbish.

socket

Good call on SoR. Was not a Sega kid but my friend had it and we played the fuck out of SoR2.

socket

Isabellacat

Love that game as well lol.

Although I think I like Dungeons & Dragons:Tower of Doom on MAME better. Try that one!  ;D

socket

Nice, I've played that CPS2 D&D game before but I completely forgot about it!

Isabellacat

I ordered  a new usb arcade joystick and still waiting for it to show up.

Can't wait to play sum Ms.Pac-Man with it. Mame rules.  :-*

socket

Dude, I got a broken SF2 cabinet for $150 and set up a computer inside of it. Had to spend maybe 300 on shit to put in there but I had some old junk collecting dust lying around. Still runs on win XP (but runs like 98% of games perfectly) Want to do it all on Linux (some Debian flavor) but need to see if it is possible first and that will take like 5 minutes of effort.

Isabellacat

Ugh don't call me a dude unless you wanna be called a Bitch , just sayin lol. I don't think you would even call your own mama that.

But yeah, I hear ya! Thankfully my pc is not XP,and can play all the games good.

socket

I would say the same thing to my mom. It isn't ever really directed at anyone, it is something I say. Get a grip!

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?