Loudwire's top 50 metal bassists

Started by zachoff, September 25, 2015, 11:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Submarine

Gene Simmons is on the list, therefore the list is invalid.   ;)     Its just the bass players from 50 well known hard rock/metal bands. Glad to see a mention for the guy in Between the Buried and Me.  I'm kind of starting to like that band.

giantchris

Michael Anthony is up there he's actually a worse technical player then Gene Simmons.  Hell of a backup singer though.  Shit Cliff Williams is #39 lol.  Eric Avery is on there for Jane's Addiction?  Who would even classify that band as hard rock much less metal.  Am I the only person that thinks Jane's Addiction sucks?

These lists are always bullshit and whos best is highly subjective anyways. 

mortlock

props for having dan lilker on the list. about half shouldnt be there and steve harris should not be in front of geezer, burton, lemmy or geddy.

why no burke shelley?? 

this list is gay.

zachoff

Troy Sanders should be on the list too.  Dude is rad.  I wish they would have said "Rob Trujillo - Suicidal Tendencies".  If they wanted to add awesome bass players of late they should have put Dixie Dave or Jeff Matz on there.

Eric Avery is actually one of my favorite bass players, ever, but he's not metal or hard rock.  Still love that dude's tone and playing.

zachoff

Oh, and Duff should be way, way higher.

Duff...

Duff is so clean and smooth.

dogfood

You know, one of the many classic rock stations was recently "jamming" a GnR song and I heard a nice little bass riff.  Duff doesn't suck like that drummer of theirs on appetite.
Problem solving whiskey!

eoin_not_ian

I was going to read the list but then my brain said 'don't bother, you know it is either Geezer Butler or Scott Reeder', then I went to eat some cheese.

Duff is also a good player.

bbottom

mortlock

one mans tone is another mans freedom fighter.