The Expanse

Started by giantchris, December 17, 2015, 01:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

So.....Did anyone else see the 2 episode premiere and love it?  Really good science fiction show on SyFy based off the book Leviathan Wakes by S.A. Corey. 

Looks like it might be the next big Sci-Fi TV show if it continues with this quality.  It's nice to see more stuff be this gritty. 

MadJohnShaft

It's a good looking show - I hope the story line firms up a bit. I like it.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Josh

Season 4 on Amazon Prime.

They can say "fuck" and "shit" now and they do it a lot.

Otherwise, it's the same, which means it's good.

RAGER

Just started watching it. It's ok so far.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

In the midst of season 4. It's really refreshing to see women as equals. Very cool. Lots of powerful women in this show.
No Focus Pocus

juan11

Don't provoke Jor el.

It went a little off the rails in Season 3, but 4 was good.  Would watch 5.

https://www.space.com/the-expanse-how-amazon-jeff-bezos-saved-scifi.html
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

RAGER

That's just the proto molecule talking
No Focus Pocus

jmucke

Spent a lot of my recent lockdown-time watching seasons 1 to 3. Love the world building and most of the charcters but - as mentioned before - the second half of season 3 was rather bad (the whole ring-story-arch was just wrong). So I hope that season 4 (under new management) will be a return to form.

Dylan Thomas

Hmmmm....I need a new show.  I pick this one, thanks for all the opinions and input.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

renfield

I recommend The Prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan  :D

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: renfield on January 13, 2021, 10:13:33 PM
I recommend The Prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan  :D

That's a good one, man.  Watched that a while back when I randomly found a boxed set of the VHS tapes in the park by my house.

A couple episodes into The Expanse, seems okay so far?

RAGER

I'll try the prisoner.

Can't seem to get into the new season of Expanse.

Just watched Suits. It's ok but kinda douchey. What does that say about me?  Dammit.
No Focus Pocus

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: RAGER on January 16, 2021, 12:33:00 PM
I'll try the prisoner.

Can't seem to get into the new season of Expanse.

Just watched Suits. It's ok but kinda douchey. What does that say about me?  Dammit.

The Prisoner is really good, though a bit slow because that's the way they did TV back then.  Nonetheless, it's the exact kind of sci-fi that I dig, where it's based on exploring concepts and is more of an ongoing thought experiment than an action/special effects extravaganza with an under-utilized sci-fi concept.

jmucke

Season 5 is cool so far, less protomolecule and more interstellar politics and intrigues. But Marco Inaros must be the worst case of overacting this side of Nicolas Cage.

Dylan Thomas

Working my way through the first season of The Expanse with the lady-friend.

It's good, better than most modern shows for sure. Ironically we've simultaneously started watching The Prisoner (she'd never seen it), and both enjoy it a lot more. So many mindfucks!

I like the socio-economic/political angle of The Expanse, and the resulting tensions.  That's really well done and introduces some really interesting moral ambiguity rather than traditional protagonist versus antagonist dynamics.

RAGER

As I said in a previous post it's cool to see so many powerful women in this show.
No Focus Pocus