HELMET, SAINT VITUS, CROWBAR tour

Started by Lumpy, March 19, 2011, 09:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Helmet will perform 1992's "Meantime" in its entirety, Saint Vitus will be doing their first full U.S. tour in over a decade, and Crowbar will be supporting their new release.

Support from Kylesa, Red Fang, Howl & The Atlas Moth

Metalliance Tour dates:
Mar. 17 – Dallas, TX – Southside Music Hall
Mar. 18 – Austin, TX – Dirty Dog / SXSW
Mar. 19 – New Orleans, LA – One Eyed Jacks
Mar. 20 – St Petersburg, FL – State Theater
Mar. 21 – Orlando, FL – Firestone Live
Mar. 22 – Greensboro, NC – Greene Street
Mar. 23 – Springfield, VA – Jaxx
Mar. 24 – Worcester, MA – Palladium
Mar. 25 – New York, NY – Irving Plaza
Mar. 26 – Cleveland, OH – Peabody's
Mar. 27 – Joliet, IL – Mojoe's
Mar. 29 – Denver, CO – The Summit
Mar. 31 – Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
Apr. 01 – Seattle, WA – El Corazon
Apr. 03 – San Francisco, CA – Mezzanine
Apr. 05 – Hollywood, CA – House Of Blues

$50 VIP tickets are available now from Artist Arena.

The VIP package will include:
* A general admission ticket.
* Access to a meet-and-greet with the Metalliance lineup.
* A Metalliance hot sauce bottle.
* A commemorative VIP show laminate.
* An autographed poster.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

delysid

I was at the New Orleans show. Due to some dumb shit beyond my control, I was late and I missed all the support acts but I felt it was worth my money to see the main three. Got in just before Saint Vitus.  It would be my first time seeing them...I had missed their reunion show in NOLA a few years ago due to having tickets for Mastodon on the same night. They are truly phenomenal and powerful live, the tones were awesome and that guy from Blood of the Sun kicks ass on drums. They played a few from all the Wino-era albums. "Clear Windowpane," "I Bleed Black," and "Living Backwards" were rocking fuzzed-out doom. I was like the only one around my vicinity that was smoking, trying to provide a cloud in front of the stage. They ended with my favorite, "Dying Inside" and then after a short break they did "Born Too Late." Dave Chandler's wah kept cutting out during these songs, moreso on "Born Too Late." After a roadie fucked with it for a while Dave just said fuck it and went crazy on the guitar and started playing with his teeth. I'd love to see them again. Wino is like the doom messiah.

Crowbar was pretty cool. I never listened to them that much but revisited their material the weeks before this show and found myself digging the fuck out of most of it. Their setlist included all the songs I enjoy such as "Planets Collide," "New Dawn," and "The Lasting Dose." Kirk's got a great voice and their dual guitar attack was heavy and sludgy.

Helmet was heavy and raw as fuck. I didn't expect it to be so damn heavy and crushing. They opened with one of my favorites, "Milquetoast" and it was very good. After a few weaker songs from the new album, they went into "Meantime" and it was better than I could have imagined. Their tones are so badass...even when Page isn't playing, the rhythm section has a Godflesh-like tone. They were using Fayette amps - the same ones that Isis used last year. The place went crazy with people moshing and jumping around and I've never felt it shake that much and I've seen dozens of shows there. They played "Tic" and "Wilma's Rainbow" towards the end of their set. Page did an extended noise jam during "Tic." It was a badass night and I got hammered on beer and whiskey. It really sucks I didn't get to see Kylesa again but I'm optimistic that they will come back through the south again this year. The band I was looking forward to the most was Red Fang...but they didn't make it to the show due to van troubles. It kinda comforts me since I would have missed them anyways.