Logo Ideas Part II "Geezer Riot"

Started by spookstrickland, January 26, 2016, 02:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

My new band has finnaly picked a name after 3 years that we finally could agree on.

"Geezer Riot"

I suck at logos, can anyone help?
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

spookstrickland

Quote from: agent of change on January 26, 2016, 10:18:39 AM

Haha were did you find that?  I like it thats kind of what we are after kind of tongue in cheek.  We know were old guys but we still rock!  Just need a logo that exemplifies that.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

khoomeizhi

has a font been made of the iron maiden logo yet? i'd think that would be almost perfect, even if you don't sound anything like iron maiden.

hell, do a series of logos based on the recognizable fonts from various old school bands who's members are now geezers, that could be kinda fun. interesting exercise, anyway. i can think of a few others...
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Lumpy

Quote from: khoomeizhi on January 26, 2016, 07:15:18 PM
has a font been made of the iron maiden logo yet? i'd think that would be almost perfect, even if you don't sound anything like iron maiden.

hell, do a series of logos based on the recognizable fonts from various old school bands who's members are now geezers, that could be kinda fun. interesting exercise, anyway. i can think of a few others...

A whole bunch here... you can preview the fonts with whatever letters you want, just type in Geezer Riot (or all caps, whatever you want)

http://www.fontspace.com/category/rock
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Danny G

You could take all the letters from the different logos and make a ransom-note style logo out of that

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

agent of change

We did that in the early 90s for my band Ransom. Oh, the cheese factor...
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

jibberish

haha^

spook, I have been meditating on this. I cant think up a quick graphic . I seem to be stuck on something using the G as the wheel in a silhouette of a geezer wearing a leather aviator hat(think john candy in armed & dangerous) carrying a big gun in a wheelchair, with long beard flowing back in the wind

I was also thinking about an old wild west theme and that 1850 western font with an old geezer in mid-flight thru the front window of the saloon. he has the leather aviator hat and the long beard again  like the "eddie" iron maiden thing heh

I mentioned in a different thread a while back my "Turbo Geezer" project. sounds like the same idea.   I am thinking of a wheelchair with a hemi like those old rat- wtf they were called, old race comics

spookstrickland

Quote from: jibberish on January 27, 2016, 10:42:41 PM
haha^

spook, I have been meditating on this. I cant think up a quick graphic . I seem to be stuck on something using the G as the wheel in a silhouette of a geezer wearing a leather aviator hat(think john candy in armed & dangerous) carrying a big gun in a wheelchair, with long beard flowing back in the wind

I was also thinking about an old wild west theme and that 1850 western font with an old geezer in mid-flight thru the front window of the saloon. he has the leather aviator hat and the long beard again  like the "eddie" iron maiden thing heh

I mentioned in a different thread a while back my "Turbo Geezer" project. sounds like the same idea.   I am thinking of a wheelchair with a hemi like those old rat- wtf they were called, old race comics

Wow that sounds like a great idea, if I could only draw that well, in the meantime I made  few fonts from the page Lummpy recomended and will try some experimentation like Danny G suggested.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Lumpy

You can also combine digital and hand-drawn... Print out some some logos using 'stock' typefaces, then add to them with markers/pens (or subtract with whiteout). Change the shape of a letter, etc, without using software.  Look at the logo for Death, for example. When you're done drawing, scan it back  into the computer to even out the tones/convert into a new digital file.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Lumpy on January 28, 2016, 07:06:11 PM
You can also combine digital and hand-drawn... Print out some some logos using 'stock' typefaces, then add to them with markers/pens (or subtract with whiteout). Change the shape of a letter, etc, without using software.  Look at the logo for Death, for example. When you're done drawing, scan it back  into the computer to even out the tones/convert into a new digital file.

Thats a cool idea im going to try that

Thanks
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

da_qtip

The first thing that came to mind for me was basically this, without the text obviously, but with a mohawk or something.  I went to make a quick mock-up but my photoshop isn't cooperating

Danny G

^^ Looks like it would take a lot to get that guy to riot. And God have mercy on those souls when he finally does...

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

bbottom

Quote from: da_qtip on January 31, 2016, 03:44:42 PM
The first thing that came to mind for me was basically this, without the text obviously, but with a mohawk or something.  I went to make a quick mock-up but my photoshop isn't cooperating

That's a pretty good idea

spookstrickland

www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org