drunken playing... a celebration!

Started by Beta Cloud, April 21, 2016, 02:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beta Cloud

so my friends i have to ask...
how well can you play whilst imbibed? like 12 beers in?
i generally make it a point to play live/practice with the band/do all band business without any alcohol in my system at all.
coffee. that's it.
no one likes a drunk ass band doing some silly ass self indulgent bullshit. i get it.
so i gotta' ask- do you hammer em' down when you're playing your set?

so yeah, that said, yes i am drunk as fuck right now. and i made a vid of me playing drunk as fuck. i'm playing a mudhoney tune.
and i want pizza. man do i want me some gotdang' pizza.

terrible.
what about you?

why does it hurt when i pee?

zachoff

4 beers max for practice and for shows.  Playing hammered is terrible.

RacerX

Yeah, I won't even pick up a guitar past a certain point of drunkenness—what's the point?
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

one or two max before a gig. mudhoney songs don't matter, those guys were drunk when they wrote them.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: RacerX on April 21, 2016, 03:54:39 PM
Yeah, I won't even pick up a guitar past a certain point of drunkenness—what's the point?

right on racer, me too. you just sound like shit, (as i do in the vid), and end up dinging the finish up on it when too high or drunk-
now that i'm no longer drunk, i can be clear, heh. i saw a band play the other night and pound 8 beers in a half hour set. he played great. as for me, i have a nearly supernatural alcohol tolerance, but never get hammered at a show because people are there to enjoy your music and they've payed money to do so.
just curious man, kinda the same as sex, a 'where do you draw the line for performance purposes?' survey of sorts.

also, i'm so very addicted to p90's at this point, (we talked about it on another thread), that i want to put them on all my guitars!
never noticed how unlike other single coils they really are till' i got a guitar with them!

Beta Cloud

Quote from: mortlock on April 21, 2016, 04:33:23 PM
one or two max before a gig. mudhoney songs don't matter, those guys were drunk when they wrote them.

drunk, rolling, and wet!

RacerX

Practice: 2-3 drinks during, none after.

Live: 1 drink before, 1 on the stage with me. More after.
Livin' The Life.

spookstrickland

Back in my early days playing in Babies In The Sink, we actually practiced playing drunk so we would not get sloppy playing live after a few....I hot were i could play good pretty fucking buzzed up by our bass player became an alcoholic sadly....maybe not the best idea after all.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org