Dave'sCookinShow!!

Started by black, June 22, 2016, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

Keeping my opinion to myself is also my way of setting an example for others.

POST MY OPINION EVERY DAY
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

mortlock

interesting. im down with the sour cream. not sure why you wouldnt like it. bizzare

black

It's complicated and ultimately will seem nonsensical to most.

First of all, I love sour cream.
You would probably have a hard time even seeing a baked potato on my plate as it is likely to be slathered up with an ungodly amount of sour cream.
I also can enjoy sour cream on a spicy dish.
It more or less comes down to some strange, personal aesthetic.

Growing up and continuing to live in New Mexico, the regional cuisine is actually quite different than even our Southern neighbors in Mexico.
In fact New Mexican cuisine can have similar dishes broken down in three distinct regions, each with a definite flair of the standards (tacos, burritos and enchiladas). Again, all different from not just each other, but from Mexican and Tex-Mex.
They would be;
Northern New Mexican .
Southern New Mexican .
and Native New Mexican.
Living in Albuquerque--geographically the dividing line--I had access to all three types without having to leave town.

Despite my leanings towards Northern New Mexican style, which does often include a sour cream option (mainly on enchiladas and burritos), I usual eschew it. It's "main" purpose is to tame the heat of the chile. Chile that is mostly produced in Southern New Mexico. Asking for sour cream from someone from Southern New Mexico is usually met with a terse, "I'm not from Santa Fe/Española/Taos, man".

North/South rivalry runs strong here.

Sour cream is also something associated with Texans and tourists.
Tourists are ok, but Texans are barely tolerated.
Tourists, Texans and certain white people will insist on sour cream.
They also insist Bell Peppers and Anaheim Green Chiles are proper Green Chile.
They are not.

But ultimately for me, sour cream diminishes the full flavor as well as the subtle flavors of any type of New Mexican dish. I want to sweat like a tourist and savor the flavor.
I will admit to the rare times of putting sour cream on an enchilada and maybe once or twice in my life on a burrito, but NEVER on a taco.

That's just too white guy for even me.
(but mainly i want to taste that delicious taco meat, unadulterated by anything beyond it's basic ingredients and a cold, cold beer.)

Not sure if I answered your question or now come across even more bizarre than before.
I'd be happy to sit down with you and discuss this subject even more over a football sized, properly baked potato, loaded down with a pound of butter and a quart of sour cream and shredded sharp cheddar.

(sneak in some roasted or grilled chicken breast--shredded--or some bar-b-que beef into that spud and we'll call it a feast)

mortlock

i feel like i need to come to new mex for a taping and have you on an episode. maybe i should go on a cooking show tour.

black

Dave'sCookinShow--On The Road.

This needs to happen.

So does a visit to NM from you and your lovely assistant.
Show episode or not, I will take you to visit places like I described, places that serve the NM version of your beloved Garbage Plate™ and happily share with you booze, drugs and our happening and supportive Noise Core scene and the fine individuals who comprise it.

And of course anything else that might tickle your fancy.

mortlock

I am due for a vacation and I still have some good friends in phoenix from when I lived there. I need to fly out and rent a car and make the rounds.

and don't kill me for saying it because im guessing it wont meet your standards but I would kill for some fucking filibertos and a giant horchata right about now.

black

No way man!
Don't forget how close to Mexico we are here.
Horchtas are available all over the place as are scores of authentic Mexican restaurants, bakeries grocery stores and carnicerias.
All run by real live Mexicans.
I was just going off about New Mexican food which of course has it's roots equally rooted in Mexican and Southwestern Native American cuisine.
Come out here and we can do comparisons of both.
If that sounds good to you you might want to pack your buffet pants.
There is a lot of good eating on both sides of those culinary borders here.

Pissy

When is season 2 of Big D's cooking show slated to begin?
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Due to destroying my pelvis this past summer we had to stop production. We are scheduled to beging filming new episodes this month for 2017.

STONER HULK

DEFUNCT MORTLOCK COOKING SHOW BEATEN TO INSTRUCTIONAL GARBAGE PLATE VIDEO MARKET BY OTHER DRUNK RURAL NEW YORK WHITE MEN, WITH TWIST!

STONER HULK LIVES

mortlock

Episode 16 New for 2019

mortlock

Episode 15. Lost episode from 2016 after smashing my pelvis in the bike accident.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

Mmmmmmmmm.  Fried taters. Mustard?
No Focus Pocus

Bro. Righteous

Moar fucking Dave's Cooking Show...the best....fuck Guy
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Plywood

Diggin the shows cookin Dave. I've been thinking of ways to get more creative with muh taters. Tho, olive oil over canola is a no go.

mortlock

Italian Sandwich was good af.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

black

Balance restored!!
I fucking love a NY Strip.
Almost as much as I love Dave'sCookingShow.
Brother R. is correct, the best!!

mortlock

Muffin Man

Bro. Righteous

Fuck me, I can't type cause of my gut splitting my ribs from laughing.

Dave's Cooking Show, should be a million dollar fucking stoner epic show of all shows!

...and the man knows how to cook!
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

socket

I think jom and morty should have some kind of a cooking faceoff. I'm actually kind of annoyed that it hasn't happened yet.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

peoplething

'The Golden Yellow' sounds like Zee Chef was a bit loaded.

Nice.

and 'Lost Episode' made me chuckle.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

mortlock

Episode 19. Its been a long time but the show is back. I will be posting more brand new episodes. 
5 meat cowboy chili. You saw the pics but didnt know i had this filmed and in post production.