Zoaraster, Stone Mountain Freeway, Demonaut Atlanta, GA Earl 24 March 2010

Started by EvilGit, March 25, 2011, 12:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilGit

Weedeater was originally scheduled to headline but they canceled. 

Demonaut is a relatively new band, nothing recorded as far as I know.  Super fucking heavy.  Two bass players and drummer all play sludgy Acid Witch, WeedEater, Sons of Otis style.  But then their lead guitarist plays more of a Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Napalm Death style thrash metal.  Works really well together.  Singing varies greatly as three different members sing but is at their best when the vocals are more background.  Very impressed and if these guys can stay together for a while I think you'll hear more about them

Stone Mountain Freeway - Formed from a few members of Artimus Pyledriver after they broke up.  Lead singer and drummer are the same, not sure about the rest.  But fucking a, they brought it.  Put 100% into it.  All five members must have been injecting Redbull right into their veins before the show.  Heavier and more sinister than Pyledriver.  The 70s dual guitar attack is gone with more emphasis on riffs and big fat tones.  They don't sound nearly as thin as Pyledriver sometimes did.  They sound like an Orange Goblin if they were actually from the South and not just pretending to be.

Zoaraster - Unfortunately I'm old and had to leave half way through their set.  But man, they are very polished now.  Alternate between slow sludgy methodical dirges and fast chaotic thrash.  The transition doesn't always work for me but when it does. it's epic.