Main Menu

Paul

Started by giantchris, March 26, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

So I saw the new movie by the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz guys a couple days ago and figured I'd post.

I give it 2 stars barely.  Basically this is an ultra-nerd fest where you only get some of the jokes if you are in fact a nerd (being I nerd I gave it 2 stars because I got some of the more arcane jokes).  That being said if you aren't a big sci-fi fan you will basically sit and watch it while fuming about how much money you just wasted on popcorn.  That being said there are some highlights to the movie such as when they go in the comic book shop or when Paul is talking to Stephen Spielberg, but overall the jokes get old real fast.  Theres also the obligatory 2 guys traveling together must be gay jokes which are so obvious as to not be funny.  And Hollywood has not yet been able to convince me that the chick from SNL/MacGruber is even remotely funny.  I also want to note that this is the first time everyone's favorite Todd Packer has not been funny.

Rent only if you are a huge nerd and avoid the theater like the plague.

The Shocker

No, say it ain't so!  Gerald "T-Bones" Tibbons isn't funny?

giantchris

Quote from: deaner33 on March 26, 2011, 06:58:56 PM
No, say it ain't so!  Gerald "T-Bones" Tibbons isn't funny?
Not really in this movie just a couple of cheap gay jokes.

tobbyhot

Actually I seen the promos and didn't found interesting so I just quit the idea to seen this movie.