Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

MadJohnShaft

Not bad ace, I live in the land of Italian Beef and that's right up there
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Pissy

Thanks!  It really is good. I used chuck roast because the store had no rump roast, but good all the same.
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

In two weeks I'll be at the beach with my buddies for our yearly fishing trip. I planned on making meatball subs for my meal responsibility, but was usurped, so I decided to try this out instead.  First at home to make sure it was good. 

Super easy. Two cans of beef consumé a jar of peperocinis, jar of giardineria, an Itallian dressing packet and 5lbs of roast all goes in the pot. 18 hours later, that comes out.

Crust up the bread in the oven and bam!  Gutbomb city!
Vinyls.   deal.

MadJohnShaft

Okay, doing one for tonight

Pissy

Might want to garnish it with more peppers.  All soggy and good like. And my jars of Italian stuff were 16 oz. fwiw.
Vinyls.   deal.

MadJohnShaft

Made 2 nights ago and it was terrific.

Oh yeah!

mortlock

I would kill mjs for that sandwich.

MadJohnShaft

Everyplace in Chicago sells Italian Beef sandwiches. I don't know why.

Lumpy

Looks like you nailed it, congrats. I would have guessed the recipe called for white pepper, so it's interesting to see your recipe.

I have a friend who claims it's almost impossible to find good Hot Giardinara outside Chicago. Most brands are packed in water, whereas some brands in Chicago come packed in oil. Water vs. oil probably doesn't matter for this purpose.

I'd eat me a whole mess of that.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

They are in oil.

An Italian beef comes with either hot (sport) peppers or sweet peppers and then you can get the bun as wet as you like, from none to soggy

Lumpy

mortlock

Oil is key from what ive been told.

Lumpy

If you dip the bread, you should be killed. It's already wet enough from the meat. There's no justification for turning the bread into a disintegrating mush.

MadJohnShaft

That happens anyway and I don't know why it's an option to add more.

Lumpy

MadJohnShaft

We had this again tonight - I used a brisket on some French bread with provolone. A slow cooker winner!   

Pissy

I buy this in the G-store. And I'm in Charlotte "take your culture back up the map" North Carolina.  It's in oil.

Incidentally, there's a restaurant downtown that is Chicago themed with the Vienna hot dogs dragged through the garden and such, and their Italian Beef sandwiches are optioned with cheese and/or sausage and dunked in juice.  I wouldn't even dare as it's enough of a gut plug as it is.  I can appreciate soppy goodness in terms of taste, but at that point it's a fork meal, not a hand to mouth sandwich.
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Vinegar and oil according to the ingredients.

Vinyls.   deal.

MadJohnShaft

I made my own Giardinara with garden stuff, which thanks to a salting and icing step in the recipe, turned out way too salty. Perfect for this purpose though.