Indian/Pakistani cuisine

Started by Isabellacat, January 17, 2017, 05:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Love Lamb Vindaloo as of late.  :P Think that's my all-time fave Indian dish. The spicier the better too. It's like the food equivalent of Black Sabbath. Especially when they make the potaters inNit rawk hella hard.

Garlic Naan kicks ass...

Whats ur fave???

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

jimjom

Chana motherfucking MASALA BITCH
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

jimjom

Quote from: jimjom on January 18, 2017, 06:46:34 PM
Chana motherfucking MASALA BITCH

I was not calling you a bitch it was emphasis, honesty. I thought Shaft started this thread-wasn't calling him one either-came out wrong. My bad!
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

mortlock

I could only eat this food if accompanied with a raga.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Isabellacat

Gets the bowels going too much?? lol

Well it's not for everyone!  I never liked Indian food growing up,but Chicken Tikka Masala made me a fan. Also worked as a waitress at some Indian restaurant in Newark,CA ten years ago. Job sucked,but I actually miss bringing home large food portions and cases of Crown Royal. Those Indian-Pakistanis sure know how to party.

sleestak

You had me at food.   No really I enjoy eating food that is different.   There's a few restaurants locally that represent different areas of india one of which is more of the asiatic styled food.  Billions of people can't be wrong!  I've never been raped at an Indian restaurant though which I guess is lucky.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

khoomeizhi

i'm down. we'll go to a local indian/nepali/tibetan place in town every now and then.

i've been making dosai (south indian fermented rice & lentil wraps) fairly regularly for a few years now. it always seems like the best thing to have it with is tandoori-style saucy baked meat of whatever type - so i'm getting better at doing some of those kindsa things along the way.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

MadJohnShaft

Those fermented bean pancake things? I forgot about doing that - it's winter so I should get one going. Everyone loves those.

khoomeizhi

Isabellacat

My Yelp review of the last Indian place I ordered from!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/deccan-spice-san-francisco

I judge an Indian place actually by the quality and quantity of their plain naan bread. If its good and plentiful,then imo its gotta be a good restaurant.

Damn okay I'm gittin rather hungry right about now. Mouth waters at the thought of Lamb Vindaloo. The curry flavors in it are off the charts.

MadJohnShaft

We gots so many weird ethnicy restaurants now that we could eat a different one every night for a year - we went to an Indian/Pakistani wedding a month ago that had really great catered food - we're going to see those people tomorrow so I should ask them where they got it.

The grocers were giving me a weird vibe when I went in the stores around the time white guys were bringing in guns and shooting them but they've since calmed down about it. I try to flatten my bags and carry them upside down so they look very empty now.

MadJohnShaft

The Dosa pancakes I froze a year ago are still great!  Someone's gotta make a vegan dosa food truck.

khoomeizhi

Lumpy

I cheat at home by using Patak's hot curry pastes and lime pickle, mango pickle, etc. Easy peasy. And cheap.

I tried cooking Indian food from scratch, it cost a bundle to buy all the spices, and then one of the first things I cooked gave me diarrhea so I gave up on that. I think it was the mustard seeds, not even spicy...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Isabellacat

The frozen version of lamb vindaloo from Trader Joes would be accurate if they would only add potatoes. It ain't vindaloo without the potatoes dammit.

I'm thinking about getting my Indian fix soon. What's there i haven't tried yet though... Recommendations?

The only drawback I find in Indian cuisine though are their desserts. They kinda suck... Too liquid based. Wish they'd start carrying cheesecake.

MadJohnShaft

One of the run of the mill Misc Asian restaurants (Thai, Chinese, Sushi) moved and was replace by an excellent Pakistani take out place we tried last night. They are pretty good and heavy on the rice, light on the oil. Which is nice, sometimes Pakistani stuff can be really oily.