Logan

Started by bbottom, March 04, 2017, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

I just got from seeing it. If you're expecting a fun filled super hero adventure this ain't it. It's a hard R rating and is super bleak.
I watched a lot of violent movies as a kid and I have to say that if I had kids I wouldn't take them to see it.

It's a cool movie but I can't stress enough how depressing and bleak it is.

amadkins

Dave J

The movie was fantastic. A bit long, and a few parts I could be critical about, but it was great overall. My wife compared some of the violence to Kill Bill, but it wasn't quite that over the top. It is not a superhero movie.

It is a must see movie, IMHO.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

gritty_fingers

Yeah. It was an excellent film.
"Ginger People"

socket

I haven't liked many of this wave of super hero movies (10+ years of overtkill.) Sounds like this might be one to check oot.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

eoin_not_ian

I really enjoyed this movie. Kind of reminded me of a 1980s movie plot that would fit in with Roadhouse and the Terminator.

EaterofBirds

Surprisingly well done, though a bit long.  When that's my only complaint, it's worthy imo. Hopefully this presents a shift in what has become big screen cartoons with all the DC/Marvel films coming out that are all style, zero substance.

mortlock

great fuckin movie. i almost cried at the end.

Baltar

Tha Ol' Canuckle-head didn't disappoint. It was like watching a Wolverine graphic novel come to life.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.