Main Menu

sg jr copies?

Started by justinhedrick, March 29, 2011, 12:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

i know that epiphone made 2 versions: 1 set neck and one non. you guys ever seen any SG jr copies from other makers? i want to say ibanez made one back in the 70s, but are there any more current ones out there?

LogicalFrank

I swear I've seen single p90 SGs on Rondo's site but nothing on there now.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Lumpy

Jay Turser made one, looks like it's out of production? Should be able to find a used one for cheap. JT-45. I don't know if it's any good, and the pickguard looks a little weird (?)

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

justinhedrick

thanks for the help frank and lump.

i swear there was an old agile/sx one as well. but we could be wrong?

i might just buy an sg copy from guitarfetish and yank out the neck pickup. or not. who knows.

spookstrickland

So what's the consensus on Rondo guitars?  how are they?  I'm really thinking about getting a Tele from them.

Quote from: LogicalFrank on March 29, 2011, 02:23:29 PM
I swear I've seen single p90 SGs on Rondo's site but nothing on there now.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

black_out

They're definitely worth it spook. I did a side by side comparison of my friends SX Les Paul Jr. copy and my new SG special that has p90's a couple weeks ago. The SX sounded every bit as good as my Gibson.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on March 29, 2011, 08:17:31 PM
i'm a cheap bastard hemi. just ask my wife!
So get the cheapest guitar on the Rondo site

Already has a single pickup, and give it the Red Fang treatment.

end up with

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 29, 2011, 11:06:59 PM
PHOTOSHOPPING BASTARD
You're just jealous, cause now you really want one  :D

PS I'm a GIMP not a Photoshopper.

justinhedrick

hemi, that guitar is a 3/4 scale though . . .

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on March 30, 2011, 09:24:45 AM
You wanted a Jr ;)

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 30, 2011, 09:28:01 AM
Quote from: justinhedrick on March 30, 2011, 09:24:45 AM
You wanted a Jr ;)

ahhh! listen to this guy!

by the way, in regards to rondo music: if they had a tele custom on there, i'd be all over it!

Hemisaurus

GFS do some nice humbuckers in a tele-size space, $25. Or do you need the 4 knobs as well?

LogicalFrank

Quote from: justinhedrick on March 29, 2011, 07:46:05 PM
i might just buy an sg copy from guitarfetish and yank out the neck pickup. or not. who knows.

Or just go w/ the LP jr. and be done w/ it.

"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

spookstrickland

Quote from: black_out on March 29, 2011, 09:41:55 PM
They're definitely worth it spook. I did a side by side comparison of my friends SX Les Paul Jr. copy and my new SG special that has p90's a couple weeks ago. The SX sounded every bit as good as my Gibson.

Thanks
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

EddieMullet

I have a 1997 Epiphone SG Jr. with the single p-90 and still love it, even though it is the bolt on neck version. I have upgraded the tuners on it and put a graphite nut on it and it is quite a solid little axe.

It tunes down to B and stays in tune amazingly well even at that low of a tuning.

Give one a shot if you find one.

The Shocker

Quote from: Lumpy on March 29, 2011, 05:45:09 PM
Jay Turser made one, looks like it's out of production? Should be able to find a used one for cheap. JT-45. I don't know if it's any good, and the pickguard looks a little weird (?)

I have one of those except it is the Arbor brand.  I think I paid $150 for it brand new.  Fun guitar and well made for that price.  Set neck too.

Hemisaurus

Got to buy it Justin to damn cool to miss :)

Lumpy

It's pink, that is too cool! Only a Hello Kitty strat has more class. BUY IT!!!!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

I alwayshoped to find oneof those ugly zone basses going cheap sometime.

We need more over thetop cheesy instrments, like the neon green acrylic stuff. ;D

justinhedrick

hmm. my wife has said that we need a guitar to complete my 14 month old daughters room decor . . . hmmmmmmm. where do you draw the line between instrument and accent piece? i don't know.

LogicalFrank

You shouldn't. I only play guitars because they looks sweet leaning up against the wall.