What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

A classic.  Perfection.

peoplething

Saw this over the break.

silly little kid's movie, and this coming from a guy that had a ton of the 90's figure re-issues MoC.

Seems like their target audience morphed from young adults and teenagers (NH and Empire) to exclusively pre-teen kids (Jedi through Jedi, heh)

I guess it's to be expected - the movie's have grossed about 10 billion to date.... the toys have grossed over 20 billion.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: peoplething on January 04, 2018, 04:01:48 PM
Saw this over the break.

silly little kid's movie, and this coming from a guy that had a ton of the 90's figure re-issues MoC.

Seems like their target audience morphed from young adults and teenagers (NH and Empire) to exclusively pre-teen kids (Jedi through Jedi, heh)

I guess it's to be expected - the movie's have grossed about 10 billion to date.... the toys have grossed over 20 billion.

I don't really understand this response at all, as if anything, I see this new one to be targeted pretty heavily at millennials.  It's not even subtle about it.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Jor el

Yeah

Plus, I'm pretty sure peoplething slept thtough it.

What Would Scooby Do ?

peoplething

Quote from: Dylan Thomas on January 04, 2018, 05:46:26 PM
Quote from: peoplething on January 04, 2018, 04:01:48 PM
Saw this over the break.

I don't really understand this response at all, as if anything, I see this new one to be targeted pretty heavily at millennials.  It's not even subtle about it.

I'm comfortable with your uncomfortable misunderstanding.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

GodShifter

I thought it was absolutely god awful.

That is all.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

Fucking right it was awful.   That stupid kiss at the end, wtf?  Snoke the all powerful, can read your mind, but apparently not well enough to see that Solo jr. was turning the LS towards him - nope, no idea. Who the fuck is this wanna be leader anyways? Force my ass.

Dylan Thomas

CanookieWookie

At least you used the emperor.

Jor el

lol

I loved Snoke

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

Yah he was a great mind reader and whatever else he was supposed to be.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

I was chillin' with Luke when u were still playing with your building blocks. Never send him against me.

Jor el

What the fuck are you talking about?

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

I don't know, but what I do know is me and Skywalker go way back & him vanishing was weak.  He knows who I am.

Dylan Thomas

His noble sacrifice and becoming one with the force were one of the best parts of the movie.  Really, of ANY of the Star Wars movies.  Absolutely epic, iconic, powerful, resounding, triumphant in every way imaginable.  Fucking awesome way to go out, and further reinforces the themes that the force is for everyone, and the older generation has to get the fuck out of the way to make way for the new society.  Timeless, powerful, poignant and really captures the spirit of our own era in human history.

Please JJ Abrams, don't fuck up the finale with some feel good nonsense, keep moving in this direction!!!

Jor el

Why the fuck are they having JJ do it?

What Would Scooby Do ?

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: Jor el on January 11, 2018, 10:48:42 AM

Why the fuck are they having JJ do it?

That's the question of the millennium (falcon ;)).

lftwng4

Quote from: Dylan Thomas on January 11, 2018, 10:16:19 AM
His noble sacrifice and becoming one with the force were one of the best parts of the movie.  Really, of ANY of the Star Wars movies.  Absolutely epic, iconic, powerful, resounding, triumphant in every way imaginable.  Fucking awesome way to go out, and further reinforces the themes that the force is for everyone, and the older generation has to get the fuck out of the way to make way for the new society.  Timeless, powerful, poignant and really captures the spirit of our own era in human history.

Please JJ Abrams, don't fuck up the finale with some feel good nonsense, keep moving in this direction!!!

Isn't that the same thing that Obi Wan did in the first one?

Dylan Thomas

More or less, yes.  Luke's final moments were much more epic and eventful.

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.