altered carbon

Started by stooge, February 11, 2018, 12:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stooge

very blade runner-ish new netflix flagship
looks good for sure but the story is a little thin -  no real thrill
lotsa tits and violence though
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Dylan Thomas

I saw a little of it at the bar last night, it looked cool, and I couldn't really figure out what the hell was going on.  Women were taking off their clothes and fighting with swords?
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Dave J

Six episodes in and I'm still watching it. I don't like some of the plot turns, but I am still interested in the mystery and some of the science fiction creativity. The idea of torturing someone in virtual reality I thought was pretty unique. I haven't given it a final grade yet.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

amadkins

^^^

Agreed, some cool concepts throughout even if the execution isn't always spectacular.

stooge

actually i decided to quit after episode 5
good looking but somehow too boring
maybe ill give the season finale one last try
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

EaterofBirds

The first half hour of the very first episode was actually pretty well done. It's hard to sustain that for a season, and I dropped off as well. EVERYTHING these days is derivative, and almost redundant in this genre, but some of it, instead of paying homage, gets the eye roll reflex going. Duncan Jones [Moon} has a new one coming "Mute" that borrows heavily but looks a little tighter from the trailer.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: stooge on February 16, 2018, 07:23:49 AM
actually i decided to quit after episode 5
good looking but somehow too boring
maybe ill give the season finale one last try

Yeah, I agree.  The show has serious pacing problems.  It's boring because it hasn't really figured out how to shift gears, it's just balls to the wall all the time and that gets really stale. It's a bit of an overload.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.