Main Menu

Black Russian Muffs

Started by Ranbat, April 05, 2011, 10:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeprod

I agree on small bear shipping times...sometimes kinda slow, but I usually get my orders in about a week.

I love my black russian muff. Easy, and fun to mod. Lots of room on the board, but that's also the main issue I have with it; You can't squeeze it into a small enclosure. I often think a stock big muff is too big, but really that's part of it's charm. Small pedals are convenient for a pedal board, but a big ol' metal pedal is way more awesome if you think about it.

I paid $65, new. R&r'ed all of the wiring, jacks and pots. Eventually rehoused it, and it just received a nice improvement this week. I'm thinking of possibly buying another and trying a different mod, but I'm not gonna pay more than $50 for one. I might rather try and build a clone. Speaking of which, if the new issue bass muff is similar, that's cool, but then again those new designs are not mod friendly.
CV - Slender Fungus

Baltar

pics!!!  I re-housed both my fuzzes.  I used Pedal Parts Plus, they have a huge selection of colours.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

eyeprod

Here's mine on the right, with my home built clones...the meathead and the fuzz rite.
CV - Slender Fungus

Baltar

I've never played a MH, was it easy to build?  Silicon or Germ?
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

eyeprod

it's silicon. was easy to build. a simple circuit. it's pretty metal for a fuzz pedal. I like it, but don't use it too much
CV - Slender Fungus