Have You Owned any Albums on All Formats ?

Started by Jor el, December 12, 2010, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

LP  8-Track  Cassette  CD  MP3

An Evening with John Denver
Jesus Christ Superstar
Love Gun
Magical Mystery Tour
Revolver
Best of The Statler Brothers

....all I remember at the moment.
What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

Many, in fact.

Off the top of my head:

UFO Strangers In The Night
AC/DC Back In Black
Rush Moving Pictures
Black Sabbath We Sold Our Souls For Rock 'N' Roll

Jor el

Looks like you had a better 8-track selection than the Kmart that I had to walk to.
They kept the 8-tracks locked in a showcase. The glass had multiple holes in it so you could fit your hand through to check oot the packaging.

Kinda like working with Ebola at the CDC.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Doommantia

Ozzy -era Black Sabbath, every album, every format including 8 track.

The Shocker

Never had 8-Tracks, so zero.  Did see Captain Beyond - ST on reel to reel once on ebay...

neighbor664

No wax cylinders or 8-tracks but plenty LPs cassettes and CDs and MP3. Too many to list that's for sure.

MikeyT

Not interested in MP3's, and I think 8 tracks generally had inferior sound, but:

Had The MC5's KICK OUT THE JAMS on 8 Track, LP, & CD. Might have had it on cassette.  8)

It's hard to remember for certain now, but likely candidates would be Sabbath, The Beatles (various releases), the Stones' THROUGH THE PAST DARKLY, Canned Heat, CCR, Cream, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zep, New York Dolls, Robin Trower.

Maybe BB King's LIVE AT THE REGAL, too.

tastelikedirt

They kept the 8-tracks locked in a showcase. The glass had multiple holes in it so you could fit your hand through to check oot the packaging.

Yeah, the glorious 8 track packaging.

So you guys have all those releases on reel to reel as well?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

I had about 24 8-tracks from my teenage years up until about two years ago when I gave them to rocktard.

I definitely remember looking at them in the class cage with the holes, Jor El. Cassettes were the same way at the record store I went to for a time as well.

All that said, I remember being able to steal Stanley Clarke's Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand on 8-track from the Hastings in the mall. Not sure how I pulled that off, quite frankly. I ripped off The Cult's Electric on cassette with the same security scenario in effect. Five finger discounts!

Jor el

I knew a dude who had a cassette to 8-track converter.
It was an 8-track cartridge with a cassette cavity in it.
Nutty.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Gatti

EddieMullet

I have the LP CD Cassette and 8 track of these MP3s too I guess if I'd take them from the CDs

Uriah Heep Demons & Wizards and The Magician's Birthday
Aerosmith-Get Your Wings
Blue Oyster Cult-Tyranny & Mutation and Secret Treaties (on Quad vinyl)
Robin Trower-Bridge of Sighs
Black Sabbath-Master of Reality
Mountain-Climbing
Pink Floyd-Animals
and not sure If I still have the cassette, but I still have the 8-track, LP and CD of Pronounced by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Ranbat

Love Gun
Destroyer

Reel-to-reel? What about mini disc?

I too remember the holes for the 8-tracks and cassettes before they came up with those cassette trays.

And the cassette to 8-track converter? Yep, had one of those as my '74 Camaro had the stock AM/FM 8-track player in it. I gave it to some lady while I was working in a mall music store. Made her day  ;D
Meh :/

Banzai

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Bought the cassette, then the cd, then got the vinyl from my dad. Was it even released on 8-track?

mortlock

the closest i ever came was master of puppets on vinyl, cassette, cd.

Isabellacat

Sex Pistols- Nevermind the Bollocks    comes to mind for me.. i've got that one on CD,8-track, Cassette Tape (3 copies on tape lol), Vinyl, and Mp3. I even had a chance to get a copy of the CD in the original longbox but it cost like 60 bucks. I need to get another 8-track of it tho. My cat accidently knocked it down from my shelf and ever since it sounds really weird. I love the sound of 8-tracks the best but they're hard to repair. Once they're broke ,they're broke. You'd be lucky to splice  one back and for it to work again.

jibberish

hmmmm..i had sgt peppers and sabbath vol4 and court of the crimson king on 8-track, vinyl and CD.

never had any on all formats tho that i can think of.

i hd vinyl and a cassette deck. wtf did i need to buy prerecorded cassettes for

my casssette deck was purchased for the purpose of making high quality tapes of my albums

i still have 2 full boxes of 10, of maxell gold 90min cassettes heh never been opened.

SO, if home recorded cassettes count vs store bought, then those 3 albums WOULD qualify.

EddieMullet

I just realized that I have Blizzard of Ozz on LP, 8-track, cassette, mini disc MP3, AAC and CD. 

I forgot all about the mini disc until I found it while cleaning.

middlebeer

I have 4 vinyl copies of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (UK 1., US 1., Russian with a different cover, Sanctuary reissue), but no other formats.

Isabellacat

Quote from: EddieMullet on June 24, 2011, 11:42:43 PM
I just realized that I have Blizzard of Ozz on LP, 8-track, cassette, mini disc MP3, AAC and CD. 

I forgot all about the mini disc until I found it while cleaning.

Awesome! I've been listening to Blizzard of Oz again after so many years. I heard the 8-track has an extra song called 'Crazy Train Reprise' that's not available on the other formats. How does that one sound like???