Lords of Chaos

Started by Token, January 08, 2019, 07:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

Josh

Those trailers don't look very promising. I hope it's better than it looks.

retardgroove

It was not terrible. It makes you want to put a axe in that Varg douchebags head even more. They all come off as terrible people.

stooge

the good old "i wanna be famous and a part of rock´n´roll history" gone wrong cmpletely
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Josh

Yeah, it was better than I expected. I either didn't know or had forgotten Dead's background and how he was mercilessly bullied as a child and beaten to the point he was momentarily dead, before he finished the job himself later on. That guy clearly never got any help that he so obviously needed. He might have been the only redeemable one. Yeah, they did portray them as unlikable pieces of shit, rightly so, especially Varg. I liked how they kept calling him Kristian.

Plywood

Nothing wonderful but I liked it. Workmanlike and uninspired in most aspects, but for this type of thing, was fine. Portrayal of the music was the best parts. And all of this just 'cause Chainsaw GutsFuck is a decent little punk stomper.

Lumpy

I thought it was good. I don't know if it was completely accurate but it got all the small details of hesher culture correct, treated those details with importance, and felt 'true to life'. Makes fun of them but also felt tragic because of them being so young (and dumb). I also never realized how slow and painful it would be, to be stabbed to death. I expected to hate it but the acting was good, good direction etc. The tone was a little too smarmy at times and maybe civilians would find it too easy to dismiss it all as a joke, when it's more complex than that. I don't like black metal that much (I like the 80s bands that influenced them) and I don't think Euronymous actually "invented" anything (lots of people were doing it) but he did have a label, a band and a retail store (back then, super important to be able to find the music locally and buy it) so it sucks that he died so young, even if he might have been a pretentious dilrod sometimes.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.