"New" Music (from this century)

Started by Sprague Dawley, April 10, 2019, 08:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprague Dawley

what you got? what am I missing?

not counting all them old legacy acts still ekeing out the glory of last century for all its worth here a fifth of the way thru the new goddamn century.

New bands that started releasing stuff 2000 or after? I rooted thru my saddo OCD discogs collection list and damn this is ALL the cd's/lp's I have from artists that started 2000 or after that I consider keepers. Bit bummed it is bugger-all

2000 Hot Snakes, A Frames, Sunn
2001 Reigning Sound, Fistula
2002 Part Chimp, Buried At Sea
2004 King Khan & BBQ Show, Hey Colossus
2005 Lamps, Indian, Torche, Slomatics, Pissed Jeans, Blind Shake
2006 LivefastDie, Eddy Current Suppression Ring, Bongripper, Thee Oh Sees (although jury still out a bit on these guys)
2007 Austerity Program
2008 UV Race
2010 Conan
2011 Whores
2013 Life Stinks
2014 Watery Love
2015 Chrch, Sumac

Sprague Dawley

do any of you peanut butter sausage hot dog obsessed lardarse cunts ever post about music? ffs. tell me the new bands cuntz

RacerX

I hear this Masto-donkey band is good.
Livin' The Life.

Click

Quicksand, interiors.  ..firstvlp I. A couple decades ?  Not as aggressive as the first period but strong writing anda  feel that's  has some dreamy shoegaze in the mix.   Trajectory similar to Deftones comfy on the mix tape with Failure, Swerevedriver.
Spirit Adrift, curse of conception.  2017.  First I've heard, stately metal by guys who were bowled over by " ride the lightening ", and loaded the non thrash parts into classic form via Maiden, Thin Lizzy, melodies and feel copped from classic rock including southern/ outlaw.  Work really well with moderate full bodied tempos.  Woulda been Wagner doing waltzes back in the day....
The Well 'samsara', 2014.  Would be comfortable with the past decade of Rise Above records stuff.  Always enjoy hearing a take on Floyd's 'Lucifer Sam's.

Sprague Dawley

Quote from: Click on May 24, 2019, 01:53:32 AMQuicksand, interiors.  ..firstvlp I. A couple decades ?  Not as aggressive as the first period but strong writing anda  feel that's  has some dreamy shoegaze in the mix.
wouldnt mind a revisit of that first Quicksand album.

QuoteSwerevedriver.
i am a total plonker for selling my vinyl copy of Raise yonks ago