Tiger King

Started by RAGER, March 28, 2020, 12:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Damn. These folks are nutz. Kooky South.

Helper guy wearing a Clutch shirt. I rest my case.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i wont watch this as a matter of principle.

RAGER

It's fucking ridiculous. I normally hate this shit. Have never watched any of this kinda shit but this. It's something.
No Focus Pocus

socket

I watched the first ep. Probably not going to finish it. Seems good, I guess.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

peoplething

I'm not much of a 'trainwreck' guy, but I had to finish it.

Kinda glad I did as I'd never actually believe people be that fucking crae-crae. Like out of a Thompson novel or something.

kinda felt sorry for Clutch shirt dude tho. But the rest of 'em are nuts.

BA's from OK, maybe he knows these dudes ?
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

sleestak

New episode next week my wife sez
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RacerX

Quote from: mortlock on March 28, 2020, 08:56:53 PM
i wont watch this as a matter of principle.

Me either, but probably because of a different principle.
Livin' The Life.

renfield

Yeah, I barely made it 15 minutes in before I got too upset and turned it off. People who abuse animals can choke on all the dicks, unless they are Boltthrow in which case they are deprived of all the dicks

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

sleestak

It's an exposition on lunatics.   I don't condone the abuse of animals but I enjoyed watching it.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

socket

I'm with the other animal "faggots!" Did I do that right, Shaft?
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

Yes a lot of it was very upsetting. Total wack jobs and as egotistical as cult leaders which they basically are.
No Focus Pocus

juan11

I watched the first episode. Confirmed every bad feeling. Fuck that guy, fuck every idiot in my FB feed worshipping this whole circus, and fuck Netflix for making animal abuse a pop culture phenomenon.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

peoplething

The worst (and by far the most) of the abuse is in the first episode and the last fifteen minutes of the last. Kinda ironic that statements from animal rights groups wanted to show more abuse.

The focus is always on the loons, the animals are almost a backdrop. BUT, I don't think the horrendousness of the abuse is lost on any viewer with at least a thread of compassion and empathy. Besides, who the hell is gonna sit through seven hours of animal torture?

And as far as me, I had no idea this shit went on. None. Years ago I looked into getting a wolf/domestic dog hybrid mix. There were so many laws at the state and fed level I just kinda assumed this stuff was all seriously illegal and completely enforced.

apparently, I was wrong.  :o

Maybe with some luck this show can help close this stuff down?

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

renfield

I didn't read this but in case anybody is interested:

'Tiger King' Is a Wild Ride. And Largely Misleading.
https://www.outsideonline.com/2411410/tiger-king-takedown-big-cat-industry

juan11

Oh, absolutely that.

I've been here a few times, and once heard Tippi Hedren speak to a bunch of us in a grassy area surrounded by a couple of black panthers.  Over wine.  Neat.  Also infuriating though kinda.  She says she'd be happy to close down, and works hard to that end (shutting down breeders/lobbying for laws/etc).  She only hosts animals that need a place to live out their natural life because of jackasses like Joe Exotic.

https://www.shambala.org/

She's got Michael Jackson's tigers.  If I remember right, when he died, his zoo keeper people stayed on and worked with no pay for weeks and weeks, some for months, and somehow fed all these exotic animals out of pocket until homes were found.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best