Main Menu

Distortion

Started by Pundan, April 11, 2011, 10:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pundan

Hey,
I'm more of a distortion kind-of-guy rather than a fuzz-guy. And I see a lot of fuzz talk here. Can anyone recommend me some good distortion pedals? I've never found one that I really love and I've tried a few. I have the Bass Overdrive (bought it for my bass player though), Metal Muff w/ Top Boost, DS1 (oldasfuck) and a beige ROSS from the 80's in mint condition.

My band plays in A# so I'm looking for something that sounds like Satan, oh and I use my Matamp GT1 as amp. I really love the distortion on that, but I always like to experiment and try different things.

justinhedrick

mawso

A lot of the Wampler pedals are great and keep the low end all tight.. I like the Ecstacy

MI audio tube zone is awesome too

johnny problem

Check out the Mad Professor - Mighty Red Distortion.

It's pretty interesting.

grimniggzy

Quote from: justinhedrick on April 11, 2011, 10:11:11 PM
rat + eq pedal.
yup yup. but make sure its got the LM-308 chip.

db3jed

I've still got a thang for the MXR Distortion +.
A couple of buddies of mine ea. had one and they both played Randall Commando combos oddly enough and I always loved their tone.
Then of course I'm a fan of Randy Rhoads and the Distortion + played a big role in his sound.
And then there is Wolf Hoffman of Accept who with a Marshall Super Lead 100 and a Distortion + created some of the most awesome guitar tones of the early 80's.
The intro to "Balls To The Wall" still gives me goose bumps when I hear it!

Instant Dan

Didn't Victor Griffin used a MXR Dist. + through Sound City heads into bass cabs for Pentagram's first album.

I know Matt Pike claimed to used one in Sleep as a boost of sorts.

I would like to try that EHX MM, just after seeing Dave Chandlier use one and of course, a Rat.

yesca

i own a metal muff myself. doesn't really sound that great with my AOR but again ive barely spent time tweaking the two together

inductorguitars

I have a Very Metal Pedal from Dimarzio very 80's, looks like: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/3012045425_bdba0709d6.jpg

it's a sleeper.