I love old, strange, rare shit...

Started by VOLVO))), April 25, 2011, 06:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

SpaceTrucker

Fender AND rare? AND solid state.... Man I would be careful that has bad juju written all over it.

VOLVO)))

Fuck that shit! That thing looks rad as fuck. I'm just trawling the internet expanding my knowledge.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

SpaceTrucker

I see what your saying, I would love to jumper all those inputs  ;)

Chovie D

That was a preamp. It ran to powered speaker cabinets. it also has a built in oil can "reverb".

All the solid state fender stuff from the late 60's and early seventies is rare because none of it lasted longer than a couple months. try to find a working fender "Zodiac" amp...

solid state was new then and the geniuses who had just bought fender didnt know what the hell they were doin so they dove head first into this and fenders reputation took a huge hit that took years to recover from.

Hemisaurus

You just missed it, $175 on SF craigslist :(

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

I got myself one of these for ten bucks. Probably isn't worth dick, but it's a damn decent sounding pedal...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Chovie D on April 25, 2011, 07:24:19 PM
All the solid state fender stuff from the late 60's and early seventies is rare because none of it lasted longer than a couple months. try to find a working fender "Zodiac" amp...

Fender Libra http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/msg/2343073394.html

mortlock

i love old pedals..especially old dod pedals that were made in utah..

Blueberry Lazer

Have you guys seen the sunn penetrator? Ted Nugent's old signature amp. There are some  super rare ones in all camo! I want one so bad!

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Blueberry Lazer

With the nuge's signature! Too bad they didn't throw in a complimentary loin cloth.

Chovie D

"this will kick your ass and NO ONE ELSE IN TOWN has this!! "...or WANTS it. ;D

I am sure there are the rare example of those fender SS zodiac amps that survived somehow, but Ive never actually SEEN one in person.
They were notoriously shitty.

heres the super showman with its powered speaker cabs. aye carumba what a mess.

3 channels? why not ten channels? wtf? built in fuzz, reverb and even a E tone generator (what for tunng or something? again..wtf?).
heres a perfect example of taking something simple and beautiful and perfectly functional and completely destroying it by adding more features and "improvements". that peice of shit that will not survive the year it was made in? or the blackface all tube beauty that came only a few years earlier and will still be runining over 40 years later? good job cbs

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on April 26, 2011, 04:42:48 PM
Have you guys seen the sunn penetrator? Ted Nugent's old signature amp. There are some  super rare ones in all camo! I want one so bad!
For sale in Grand Rapids MI for $700 not in camo that I can see.

From the Sunn board
We built 4 amp heads and 4 4x12 cabinets for Ted Neugent, called Penatrators with knobs that go to 12 and camoflage covering, to be given away at a Texas contest in 1984. I think only 3 runs of amps were done (less than 150 units) before the fender buy-out. This amp had the power of a Model T and similar tone to older designs. Enjoy - there arn't too many of these left I'll bet.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 26, 2011, 07:05:23 PM
Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on April 26, 2011, 04:42:48 PM
Have you guys seen the sunn penetrator? Ted Nugent's old signature amp. There are some  super rare ones in all camo! I want one so bad!
For sale in Grand Rapids MI for $700 not in camo that I can see.

From the Sunn board
We built 4 amp heads and 4 4x12 cabinets for Ted Neugent, called Penatrators with knobs that go to 12 and camoflage covering, to be given away at a Texas contest in 1984. I think only 3 runs of amps were done (less than 150 units) before the fender buy-out. This amp had the power of a Model T and similar tone to older designs. Enjoy - there arn't too many of these left I'll bet.

man, that amp has me in a stranglehold . . . baby.

inductorguitars

The Shocker

Quote from: Chovie D on April 26, 2011, 05:32:25 PM
"this will kick your ass and NO ONE ELSE IN TOWN has this!! "...or WANTS it. ;D

I am sure there are the rare example of those fender SS zodiac amps that survived somehow, but Ive never actually SEEN one in person.
They were notoriously shitty.

heres the super showman with its powered speaker cabs. aye carumba what a mess.

3 channels? why not ten channels? wtf? built in fuzz, reverb and even a E tone generator (what for tunng or something? again..wtf?).
heres a perfect example of taking something simple and beautiful and perfectly functional and completely destroying it by adding more features and "improvements". that peice of shit that will not survive the year it was made in? or the blackface all tube beauty that came only a few years earlier and will still be runining over 40 years later? good job cbs

I'd take that guitar though...

Hemisaurus

Here's one for you ;)

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/2336116106.html

Sunn Stagemaster Amp. Has two channels that can run independently or together. Each Channel has 120 watts for a combined total of 240 watts. This is a solid state amp. I had the channel foot-switch built from a Sunn schematic by an electrical engineer, so it works.

No Trades. Some Wiggle Room On Price.

Cash Only

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2336116106

Isabellacat

nice,nice pictures in here. i love obscure weird amps. actually one of my ex bfs in high school had a Fender Zodiac amp but that was way back in the early 90's. the sound was'nt that bad from what i remember. he brought it over to my house one day after school and played some riffs to me.

Led Zep's 'The Ocean' sounded pretty neat through that Zodiac.still remember the goosebumps i felt hearing that warm fuzzy riff. i remember the plug for it was really shitty tho.my old bf had to put a chunk of electrical tape on it just to keep it from falling apart.

h.p. lovecraft

What the Hell is that?!?!

Look awesome.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." -- Me

neighbor664

One of my first amps was a Hammond 2x12 combo. I got it for free someone put it out with the trash. I've never seen another. It was great. I wish I'd held on to it.

RAGER

Another amp that the Nuge used was a Fender Super Twin.  6 6l6GC's active EQ @ 180 watts.  I have one from 1975.  I cut off the cabinet part and turned it into a head.  He used 6 of them on stage.

No Focus Pocus

LogicalFrank

I have always wanted to take a Super Twin and do the exact same thing.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

justinhedrick

Quote from: RAGER on May 12, 2011, 11:00:47 AM
Another amp that the Nuge used was a Fender Super Twin.  6 6l6GC's active EQ @ 180 watts.  I have one from 1975.  I cut off the cabinet part and turned it into a head.  He used 6 of them on stage.

isn't that one of the linear powered ones? SUPER CLEAN? some would say . . . sterile?