rome (old hbo series)

Started by lowdaddy, April 28, 2011, 07:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowdaddy

i saw a few episodes of this when it was airing on hbo about 5 years ago.  over the past month i watched the entire series on netflix (it's only 2 seasons).  i've gotta say this is the best series i've ever seen.  tremendous.  great acting all around.  awesome story.  awesome set design, costumes, etc.  the story is the killer though.  especially the second season which has so many twists and turns it's just unreal.  i especially love titus pullo and lucius voerenus.  i'm not much for writing reviews so i'll keep it short and just say that i highly recommend this thing.  i nearly wept during the final episode! :'(
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

GodShifter

Yep, one of my favorites when it was on. I watched every episode, I believe. I could have sworn it lasted 3 seasons but, nope, you're right: two.

giantchris

Great show but I really felt that Titus Pullo and Caesar were really the highlights.  I particularly felt the show lost some steam after Caesar died.

But overall it was one of the better shows I've ever seen.  And that Indian chick that played Vorenus' wife is insanely hot.

The Shocker

Hmm, I might need to go back and re-evaluate.  I only watched one or two episodes when it was on and it didn't wow me.

sleestak

I tried to get into it but it was too deep to casually watch so I will likely revisit when I can make the time to pay attention.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

lftwng4

I think my wife liked it.  Heard it was cancelled because it was too expensive to make each episode.

peoplething

Me and the women enjoyed it. Oddly enough for me, I could watch it and actually care about the characters. I agree that alot of steam was lost after The Ides. It seemed to meander afterward, even with the Anthony/Cleopatra and Veranis & kids thing. There were hints of really interesting historical scenarios, but then, they canceled it.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator