Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slow

Just bought those cabs today... I'm up to... 6-8? fffff
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Slow on July 18, 2011, 07:28:26 PM
Just bought those cabs today... I'm up to... 6-8? fffff
It's OK, I'm i double digits, and I don't have a problem ::)

Slow

The 412-65 has two EHX speakers, two unknowns, and is of dubious ohmage until I meter it. The unknowns appear to be old, no labels, but they have CORK seals? Crazy. Doesn't sound bad despite the awful gouge repair in one of them. I may do the toilet paper trick, or... if it ain't broke don't fix it, for now...
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Slow

Neither did I? I pulled them out, and was like "The fuck?" All it says is "Musical instrument speaker" no wattage rating, or ohm info. Any way to figure out how much they can handle?

justinhedrick

Quote from: Slow on July 18, 2011, 08:43:07 PM
Neither did I? I pulled them out, and was like "The fuck?" All it says is "Musical instrument speaker" no wattage rating, or ohm info. Any way to figure out how much they can handle?

they made  them back in the heyday of the company (early to mid nineties?).

you could try emailing them? other than that i have no idea.  :'(

Slow

Solid. I restored the baby blue, and retained the logo/model number. The goon used latex house paint. I went gentle with the acetone, and it's a beauty...

justinhedrick

nice. what did you pay for them?

Slow

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Slow on July 18, 2011, 08:43:07 PM
No, you can guesstimate by the size of the voice coil, but it's nowhere near an exact science.

Slow

I'll bullshit it when I find the proper ohm load.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Hemisaurus

Wow, those Verellen heads are dinky, I didn't know that. Which model is that?

NoSleepTilSleep

It's a one-off from a few years back. A part for part Model-T clone. I do believe it's fair bit smaller than Ben's usual stuff.

Jake

Added an Orange 4x12 today. It's got Celestion GK-100s, which are designed for use with their AD-200 (or Thunderverb 200).
Basically for bass or guitar use. Sick speaker. HUGE bottom, smooth highs. Biggest magnet of any Celestion guitar speaker. Retarded heavy.

I'm afraid my Dano baritone will shred my greenies, so the purchase was deemed necessary.

poop.

VOLVO)))

I love the checker grill 800's...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

heytrid

1969 K200b-1     ........... $80

To sit on top of my Sunn 212LH

works great, tiny tear in the tolex, one of the best shape ones I have seen in person, works decent. needs the pots cleaned out and some new knobs. Mostly bought it since I had a K200b-5 when I was younger and wanted to relieve the past.

spookstrickland

Quote from: heytrid on August 06, 2011, 06:24:19 PM

1969 K200b-1     ........... $80

To sit on top of my Sunn 212LH

works great, tiny tear in the tolex, one of the best shape ones I have seen in person, works decent. needs the pots cleaned out and some new knobs. Mostly bought it since I had a K200b-5 when I was younger and wanted to relieve the past.

Have you played "Fortunate Son" through it yet?  I bet it rips!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org