Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Nice! Man, back at ya—if you lived here, we'd be begging YOU to make a noise with us!
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Jon, any videos of that thing in action?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justJon

None that I'm aware of. I'll ask around. Lotsa folks took pics, dunno if there were any videos. Last night was literally the first unveiling, so, while I'm sure there will be vids, just none yet.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

RacerX

My wife caught a little video snippet. Don't know whether it'll play, but here it is:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Racerx420/Music/?action=view&current=MVI_9649.mp4
Livin' The Life.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Metal and Beer on August 21, 2011, 05:19:29 PM

I only run one of those 370's--the other belongs to Black Pussy, they played with us that night--but yeah, one 370 into two 8x10 fridgeys, EQ full-bore across, no pedals, beater Squier P-bass with the P/U wired straight to the jack, jack. This is how I run in Holy Angell which only has one guitar full stack and myself, sounds pretty good for what we're doing.
   For Seahag (two full-stack guitars + me) I use a Fender Jazz into the same rig but lately I've been using a Boss ODB-3 bass overdrive, sounds pretty mean and doesn't eat up low-end nearly as badly as other pedals..
   The Laney/Avatar rig belongs to fellow forumite/bandmate DustinAR

"Mean" is exactly the word I'd use to describe the ODB-3. Great pedal.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

the diddler

Got a bunch of other shit over in the corner, but this is the rig I'll be rolling out for two shows this weekend.

bitter

That's the money right there dude! That's your Loucks if I'm not mistaken?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

the diddler

Yeah, it's been modded into more of a Skyhammer at this point- the Louckshammer!

welshchris

Setup for a BBC Radio 1 introducing session we did a wee while ago. My 4x12 (the green) has now been replaced with an oversized Matamp 4x10.

The house gang , Matamp GT4 +1x12. Some Guitars

Matamp GT4 and GT120

No I Can't Turn Down..

DustinAR

Laney GH100L Guitar Head
2 Avatar 4x12 Contemporary Cabs (the green ones) with Vintage Celestian 30's

Peavey Ultra Guitar Head
Avatar 4x12 Cab with Vintage Celestian 30's

I use the Laney + 2 green Avatars in Seahag, and was using both the full stack and the half with my other band Snakedriver but I think I'm going to scale it back to just the full stack from now on.

Pedalboard:
Blackout Effectors Dual Fuzz (Musket Fuzz + Fix'd Fuzz in one pedal) - I mainly use the Musket side.
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tuner

I also have the Blackout Effectors Whetstone Phaser pedal and the Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh that I haven't really implemented into either band at the moment.

My main guitar is my white Agile 3100 Series Les Paul copy.

I also have a bass rig that I'm letting my bass player in Snakedriver use. Its an Ampeg SVT Pro-3 Head, with an Ampeg Classic 4x10 cab and an Ampeg Classic 15 Cab, and he uses my Boss ODB-3 pedal for distortion. This is the pedal Dave has been using lately as well in Seahag.

At_Giza

Since that Acoustic cab just got here I figured I would post my modest rig.

Beta Bass and Beta Lead, both with footswitchage, and a Beta Power +, and a few effects. Mountainking Electronics' Megalith, EHX Metal Muff, and a Sunn Buzz.

I run an extended scale baritone Rick copy thing made by Agile through it.

spookstrickland

Quote from: At_Giza on September 06, 2011, 07:11:57 PM

Since that Acoustic cab just got here I figured I would post my modest rig.

Beta Bass and Beta Lead, both with footswitchage, and a Beta Power +, and a few effects. Mountainking Electronics' Megalith, EHX Metal Muff, and a Sunn Buzz.

I run an extended scale baritone Rick copy thing made by Agile through it.

You have a Sunn Buzz?  Please pretty Please make a youtube video of it or a sound file.  I have been dying to hear one of those for so long now but no one has posted anything yet. :)
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

VOLVO)))

Hounded him about it when he got it, Leroy. He NEEDS TO FUCKING GET ON IT, HAL
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

At_Giza

OKAY OKAY OKAY, not tonight, tomorrow. When I can turn it up.

I was waiting for my bro's school to start.

MichaelZodiac

my T40 finally arrived  ;D picked up from the post office just now. not a smart move to just go the post office as it weighs a ton. but the best kind of ton. had to strip the packaging material on the street because the seller had put in a cardboard Fender box and there's no way I was able to carry such a box for 20min.

just had a quick run through, bass seems doing well considering the age and shipping across the globe. pots are bit cranky but she's getting a full work-up next week.

next purchase: amps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

spookstrickland

Quote from: At_Giza on September 06, 2011, 11:19:10 PM
OKAY OKAY OKAY, not tonight, tomorrow. When I can turn it up.

I was waiting for my bro's school to start.

I'm literally dying of anticipation.  I really need to hear that Sunn Buzz!
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

At_Giza

I recorded a vid of it earlier in the day but I don't think it sounds very good, I'm going to try something else tomorrow. On top of all that the input on the Buzz is so worn that nearly every time I flipped the switch it cut the circuit and gave wonderful pops and buzzes. Have an idea how to fix that one too. I deleted that vid in shame right quick.

In other news, I'll probably update my rigpic due to the addition of a Sunn Alpha Slave to the Beta Bass.

spookstrickland

Quote from: At_Giza on September 08, 2011, 03:30:02 AM
I recorded a vid of it earlier in the day but I don't think it sounds very good, I'm going to try something else tomorrow. On top of all that the input on the Buzz is so worn that nearly every time I flipped the switch it cut the circuit and gave wonderful pops and buzzes. Have an idea how to fix that one too. I deleted that vid in shame right quick.

In other news, I'll probably update my rigpic due to the addition of a Sunn Alpha Slave to the Beta Bass.

Your just teasing me now. I'm going to shit a cat if I don't hear this damn thing :'(
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Danny G

Rig from Eric Tessmer Band homecoming show at Antone's last weekend.

Middle Dietz cab not mine (house cab at Antone's). Had the SVT running L and M cab, R cab just for show. Could have powered it with the Fender TB-600 but I was already so loud wasn't even running thru the PA, and had to turn down cause too loud for ME onstage. \m/,

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Discö Rice

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on September 07, 2011, 06:49:22 AM
my T40 finally arrived  ;D picked up from the post office just now. not a smart move to just go the post office as it weighs a ton. but the best kind of ton. had to strip the packaging material on the street because the seller had put in a cardboard Fender box and there's no way I was able to carry such a box for 20min.

just had a quick run through, bass seems doing well considering the age and shipping across the globe. pots are bit cranky but she's getting a full work-up next week.

next purchase: amps.
That looks exactly like the one I used to have. Now I has sad. :(
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

clockwork green

Got my "very special" Twosome today with the mod they used on those limited black ones awhile back...amazing so far. Can't wait for the Black Arts duo for even more fun per box.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

DustinAR

hmm i have a black twosome but it doesn't have that toggle switch in the middle. Is that so you can run both sides at once?

clockwork green

You can run both sides at once and you can also select with the toggle which one goes first in the chain.  The switches are actually mislabeled since they work more like the "A very special twosome" so the left is for the fix'd and the right turns on the musket.  What's cool is that the color led in the eye of the rabbit is different based on which pedal is set first. 
Did they make another black one besides this one?
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

DustinAR

This is my Twosome:

When I ordered mine, I just ordered the regular Orange one but at the time they were out of the Orange ones and asked if I would like a black one at no extra charge. I went ahead and had them ship me the black one, so it looks like it works just like the regular Twosome, its just a different color.

Ranbat

My current setup. I've really gotten into Surf and Rockabilly lately.

Late 60s/Early 70s Fender Solid State Pro Reverb
Dano Corn Beef Reverb (more of a Slapback echo to my ear)
Dano Tuna Melt Tremolo
Dano Chili Dog Octave
Harmony Strat

The amp has a built in Reverb and Vibrato but even with the foot switch they don't really work. Any ideas? You can barely hear them when they're switched on.
Meh :/