Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylo)))r

Newest rig. Traynor YBA Mark II with KT88s into an Emperor 4 x 12, and a Fender "Evil Twin."

(insert interesting quote)

johnny problem

Quote from: taylo)))r on June 30, 2014, 05:41:12 PM
Newest rig. Traynor YBA Mark II with KT88s into and Emperor 4 x 12, and a Fender "Evil Twin."

Other than a Morley Wah and a Proco Rat, what else are you running.

taylo)))r

Quote from: johnny problem on June 30, 2014, 11:11:40 PM
Quote from: taylo)))r on June 30, 2014, 05:41:12 PM
Newest rig. Traynor YBA Mark II with KT88s into and Emperor 4 x 12, and a Fender "Evil Twin."

Other than a Morley Wah and a Proco Rat, what else are you running.

That's actually a volume pedal. But, I have the 80's rat, a pharaoh fuzz, Ibanez AD9 delay, radial bigshot a/b/y, and a korg pitchblack tuner. Used to have a way more pedals, paired down to the essentials.

fallen

Quote from: taylo)))r on July 01, 2014, 11:39:29 AM
Used to have a way more pedals, paired down to the essentials.

I compliment you on your ability to maintain your pedalboard at a reasonable size.

I think this might be my next project, replace my board with something smaller and edit down to the essentials (and then keep the bigger board to keep other pedals accessible for noodling around / home recording).

Danny G

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

taylo)))r

Quote from: fallen on July 01, 2014, 05:01:51 PM
Quote from: taylo)))r on July 01, 2014, 11:39:29 AM
Used to have a way more pedals, paired down to the essentials.

I compliment you on your ability to maintain your pedalboard at a reasonable size.

I think this might be my next project, replace my board with something smaller and edit down to the essentials (and then keep the bigger board to keep other pedals accessible for noodling around / home recording).

More pedals means more possible things to go wrong...I like my shit simple.

Jake

Heh. Mine is not a totally dissimilar rig from yours, Taylor. Your Evil Twin and my Sunn T50C are very close cousins, circuit-wise. Mine is also powering two of the six 12s. It's set relatively clean, with a fuzz (FZ-2) in front of it. The Model T gets no dirt pedal and powers the top four speakers.

And like yours, the pedalboard is mostly just tuner/volume/ABY, but with a flanger and a fuzz. Oh, and a Freeze for when I want infinite singing feedback.

poop.

taylo)))r

Quote from: Jake on July 02, 2014, 01:52:34 PM
Heh. Mine is not a totally dissimilar rig from yours, Taylor. Your Evil Twin and my Sunn T50C are very close cousins, circuit-wise. Mine is also powering two of the six 12s. It's set relatively clean, with a fuzz (FZ-2) in front of it. The Model T gets no dirt pedal and powers the top four speakers.

And like yours, the pedalboard is mostly just tuner/volume/ABY, but with a flanger and a fuzz. Oh, and a Freeze for when I want infinite singing feedback.

That's a little sexier looking than mine. Did the T50C used to be a combo that you chopped? I got my emperor from my buddy that lives by you, and he had Petras from Atlas cabs go through it, rewire it to 8 ohms  for me and install another internal brace for better response. It sounds tasty. Doesn't quite push the volume I want with the traynor, but with the twin on top of it, it sounds awesome.

taylo)))r

Oh, and I added a moer shimverb to my board yesterday. It's so little, barely takes up any room.

Jake

Yeah, t'was a combo before I got my filthy mitts (and circular saw) on it. Honestly, I care more about opening up its functionality than resale.

And I suppose I'll have to go get a little Shimverb now, so that we'll still have same-sies.
poop.

taylo)))r

Quote from: Jake on July 03, 2014, 12:15:23 PM
Yeah, t'was a combo before I got my filthy mitts (and circular saw) on it. Honestly, I care more about opening up its functionality than resale.

And I suppose I'll have to go get a little Shimverb now, so that we'll still have same-sies.

Let's never change. I'll have to chop up my twin and get another cab now though.

VOLVO)))

I just joined the club. Dual showman... The head version of the EVIL TWIN.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Nice. Those red knobs are the first incarnation of the "evil" Fenders. Tay-tay's is the Pro Tube Evil.

I wonder what makes them so eeeevil? That they weren't just a '65 Twin?
poop.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

The only thing I remember about those was they weren't so good with the clean "Fender" tone like the old ones but were good for metal tones unlike the old ones.  I think Fender was trying to capture a market share of the metal genre.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Honestly, the cleans are phenomenal. Also loves pedals. The gain is really big and saturated at higher levels, but cleans up and is articulate at lower levels. Can get some straight up bolt Thrower/old morbid Angel shit right off the amp. I use a Caitlinbread SCOD to slam all my amps. Best pedal I've ever owned.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I love Catalinbread stuff.  But as far as that amp, if you put old and new side by side there'd be a big difference.  If no then they're more versatile than I'd thought previously.
No Focus Pocus

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

taylo)))r

Quote from: RAGER on July 05, 2014, 04:31:27 PM
The only thing I remember about those was they weren't so good with the clean "Fender" tone like the old ones but were good for metal tones unlike the old ones.  I think Fender was trying to capture a market share of the metal genre.

They aren't as sparkly, but you can still get a great clean tone out of it. Traditional Fender nerds didn't like them because they are stupid.

hazmat33

Gibson '61ri SG
Mesa .50 cal +
Mesa LoneStar open back 2x12 w Black Shadows
'75 Marshall 4x12 w eminence governors

The BAT's are a staple...the Socrates is the newest boost, sometimes replaced with a comp

mutantcolors

I bet the combo of a closed 4x12 and an open 2x12 sounds great.

RacerX

Quote from: mutantcolors on July 20, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
I bet the combo of a closed 4x12 and an open 2x12 sounds great.

That's close to what I run on my big rig: Mesa V-Twin > Mesa 5//50 split into a '68 SUNN closed back loaded with original SUNN Transducer speakers (rebranded JBLs) & a 4x12/Avatar 2x12 semi-open back loaded with Hellatones.

Sounds huge.
Livin' The Life.

johnny problem

Figured I'd try and revive this old beast.  Was finally able to dust off and bust out my little friends.

Volume

Sadly the Framus SG isn't mine. Downscaled my pedalboard a while ago, might need a boost though. :)