Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

how do you like the Laney CUB 12?  I have been wanting one since the combo is so lightweight and cheap, and I think that the tones are good for heavy rock if you have a pedal like a Proco Rat.

Stonergrunge

It's very nice, I use it in two ways: clean, with just a very small amount of gain and also dirty, with a high level (not full) of gain when I need a nice amount of tube overdrive (not distortion), depending on the song I'm playing of course. It's a one channel amp but I only have to tweak the gain knob if I want to go from a clean to an overdriven sound. The only problem that I have is with the wah pedal, it tends to sound a little bit "distorted" (but not in a bad way) when I use it with the amp clean, but when I use it in conjunction with the amp's overdrive or with one of my fuzz pedals, the wah sounds amazing.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

The Riffer

Quote from: James1214 on November 15, 2013, 08:21:12 PM
Entirely cosmetic. And I believe I have the first one of this version, but I could be wrong. Its fucking rad, and Mark is a stand up dude as well, just the best experience buying gear ever. I will definitely be buying more BAT stuff in the future.
Correct, its all pink on the inside.
You do indeed have the first new graphic off of the line.
I appreciate the kind words, and am continually humbled by the support I receive from alla you guys.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

everdrone

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 17, 2013, 01:45:58 PM
It's very nice, I use it in two ways: clean, with just a very small amount of gain and also dirty, with a high level (not full) of gain when I need a nice amount of tube overdrive (not distortion), depending on the song I'm playing of course. It's a one channel amp but I only have to tweak the gain knob if I want to go from a clean to an overdriven sound. The only problem that I have is with the wah pedal, it tends to sound a little bit "distorted" (but not in a bad way) when I use it with the amp clean, but when I use it in conjunction with the amp's overdrive or with one of my fuzz pedals, the wah sounds amazing.

cool brutha, that is awesome!!! its definitely on my wish list, thanks for this  ;D

James1214

Mark, the praise is well deserved. The pedal is just plain awesome, the range of distortion tones is just out of this world. From classic milky, creamy fuzz to the sonic equivalent of standing in front of a dragon as it shoots flames out of its nostrils at your face. It is rare for me to buy a piece of gear that I know I will keep forever. Its on that list.
words

Jake

I would totally blow Mr. Black Arts. But in a straight, sign-of-respect way.
poop.

The Riffer

Quote from: James1214 on November 19, 2013, 11:51:23 PM
Mark, the praise is well deserved. The pedal is just plain awesome, the range of distortion tones is just out of this world. From classic milky, creamy fuzz to the sonic equivalent of standing in front of a dragon as it shoots flames out of its nostrils at your face. It is rare for me to buy a piece of gear that I know I will keep forever. Its on that list.
Thank you. Its an honor.

Quote from: Jake on November 20, 2013, 11:21:12 AM
I would totally blow Mr. Black Arts. But in a straight, sign-of-respect way.
:) Once you go black....

I love you man.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

mortlock

I just picked this up. 1988 Kramer 710 [from the 100 series] bass. its awesome.  original factory spector pick ups..

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

mortlock

the metallic silver was a rare color along with all the neon colors..

eoin_not_ian

Main rig. It doesn't really do much in the way natural grit without a pedal, but it is bloody loud.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Boguspierre80

That's the ticket. Feed it...

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Boguspierre80

I love the Blackstar! The overdrive channel sounds a bit 2-dimensional as it lacks bass, but I use a Way Huge Swollen Pickel fuzz box to remedy that. I will say that I prefer my Orange OR 15 as it's tone is fuller and more terroristic.

eoin_not_ian

I tried both those amps recently. The Blackstar really surprised me in terms of clean headroom and was a lot more polished tone than the Orange. The OR 15 though was just so much fun to play, so much balls to the sound. Loved it.

Boguspierre80

Quote from: eoin_not_ian on December 07, 2013, 06:43:44 AM
I tried both those amps recently. The Blackstar really surprised me in terms of clean headroom and was a lot more polished tone than the Orange. The OR 15 though was just so much fun to play, so much balls to the sound. Loved it.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the headroom on the BLackstar. The only reason I have a HT 20 Studio head is because I made off like a bandit from this dude on Craigslist. Otherwise, I would have bought a Ht 5. I love small lunch box amp heads! One thing that is cool about the Blackstar is the digital reverb option. I think they do that pretty well even though a lot of people bitch about it 'cause they can't find the "sweet-spot." Whatever. I haven't had a problem with it.

I think that my OR 15 screams with a much richer and intense sound than my Blackstar, but that's probably due to the fact that I use Groove Tubes in my amps. There's another point of contention for a future post, though.

Beta Cloud

that Paul is mighty fine indeed... year?
why does it hurt when i pee?

Boguspierre80

Quote from: BigSwordfishtrombone on September 07, 2012, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on September 03, 2012, 08:11:23 PM

That V is gorgeous. Any info on that one? :o

The most amazing amp I've ever seen. Emperor cab's pretty orgasm inducing as well. Nice.

Gally99

Right now the only things worth a shit in the picture are the butcher and the projector cab. The Marlboro speakers in the 212 are blown, the 215 has blown the dustcaps, and the bass head only works about 15 minutes at a time. But on the rare occasion that I have everything running at the same time it is god damn glorious.
By the way, if anyone knows anything about this projector cab I'd love to hear it. I got it kick down and I've only ever seen one other one.

James1214

kenny, you sonofabitch, a lurker no longer....
words

xayk

Bump.

Practice space procured. Guild S100 --> Milk Box --> Digitech PDS 2700 with dual outputs: Idiot Box Blasteroid --> Hovercraft Dwarvenaut --> Randall 2x12 (R212 JT), and diy Big Muff Triangle --> Laney AOR 50 --> old Peavey 4x12 with G12T-75's. Other guitars to be swapped out as needed. Obviously.

Pretty loud, but the Randall lacks bass. Already thinking of swapping out some Swamp Things into that cab to compete w/ the 4x12 efficiency-wise and add a little low end ('tho the 4x12 w/ the bass boost on the Laney handles that spectrum very, very nicely.)

Socrates

My wall of axes. Left to right, top to bottom.

Ibanez as103 semi hollow
Maton ms2000dlx made in Australia les paul type thing.
Fender stratocaster American standard
Takamine 6 string
Tokai love rock lp special p90 type thing MIJ
Japanese fender telecaster, late 80s
Cort 12 string

All electrics have kinman noiseless pickups.