Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bass sic

Somebody built it for him. Was pretty cool watching step by step on the facebooks.

dunwichamps

Quote from: BigSwordfishtrombone on September 07, 2012, 04:06:36 PM
That V is gorgeous. Any info on that one? :o

27" scale, BKP Pig 90 (bridge) and Stockholm (neck), Walnut top, mahogany body. Neck through design, Neck made out of flamed maple, mahogany layers. I cant remember what the fretboard is. A Standard tuning.

dunwichamps

Quote from: bass sic on September 07, 2012, 04:09:29 PM
Somebody built it for him. Was pretty cool watching step by step on the facebooks.

yep Wood Wizard built it for me, I built him DoomTrain and he took the first Wizard in on a trade for the git.

Jake

This is godamned purty. The MoP block inlays pop so much – especially compared to the Gibby's.

Whatever was the final result of the sting angle from the stopbar to the bridge? Were those early pics a weird perspective or something?
poop.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Jake on September 07, 2012, 04:51:24 PM
This is godamned purty. The MoP block inlays pop so much – especially compared to the Gibby's.

Whatever was the final result of the sting angle from the stopbar to the bridge? Were those early pics a weird perspective or something?

combination of it being a smidge to shallow and the angle but we adjusted it after the fact.

BigSwordfishtrombone

Oh alright. If I was to have a V built it would be basically to those same specs (only change would be that I would either shorten it to a 24" scale or bump it up to 30" for the bass VI goodness).

This has also reminded me that I should post my shitty rig at some point. The only reasons I'm holding off right now is because my phase is down at the moment and that I may be getting an aluminum neck built by a machinist that I'm good friends with, so I don't want to constantly be updating. :D

dunwichamps

its setup to be a baritone so its like the middle ground between a bass and a git. im still getting used to it

BigSwordfishtrombone

Cool. Are there any clips of it so I can hear what it sounds like? I bet it sounds godly.

core9

The only other amp I am looking for is Green Matamp GT120. When I get that I will be official done buying amps
[/quote]

Just make sure it's a 70's model bro.....I have had 4 Matamps....2 new and 2 used Greens and they have ALL been lemons.  Constant problems, very unreliable.  It breaks my heart because they sound and look so sweet.  I gave it my best shot with Matamp, but I have officially joined the Dunwich camp exclusively.

dunwichamps

Quote from: BigSwordfishtrombone on September 07, 2012, 07:25:48 PM
Cool. Are there any clips of it so I can hear what it sounds like? I bet it sounds godly.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: core9 on September 07, 2012, 07:31:25 PM

The only other amp I am looking for is Green Matamp GT120. When I get that I will be official done buying amps

Just make sure it's a 70's model bro.....I have had 4 Matamps....2 new and 2 used Greens and they have ALL been lemons.  Constant problems, very unreliable.  It breaks my heart because they sound and look so sweet.  I gave it my best shot with Matamp, but I have officially joined the Dunwich camp exclusively.
[/quote]

Dave Green only joined Matamp in the 90s, so anything green from 70s is green small g because of the colour. And don't use 6550 in Green Matamps, it makes the resistors fall out.

MichaelZodiac

Everything together for the first time.

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

bitter

^ I see what you did there  ;D. Applauded.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Dave J

Quote from: dunwichamps on September 08, 2012, 08:30:29 AM
Quote from: BigSwordfishtrombone on September 07, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Your amps always have a killer sound.  I wish I could afford the Wizard and be patient enough to wait 1 year, because I want one bad.  I have to sell some gear and not spend that money for a year to do it.  That Weed amp sounds wicked too.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

mortlock

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on September 09, 2012, 09:14:08 AM

fucking awesome..especially the T-40..

swordofdoom

Quote from: mortlock on September 09, 2012, 10:07:39 PM

fucking awesome..especially the T-40..

I played a T40 in my high school jazz band when my Precision shit the bed.

I thought my P was loud until I plugged that sucker in and about shook the whole school to pieces. The output of those toaster pickups is unreal.

MichaelZodiac

Yeah, if I want to keep my neighbors happy I don't go higher than 2 on the Acoustic and 4 on the Peavey head. Ridiculously loud. Awesome though ;D
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

everdrone

hey, I finally dug up my camera and took some photos, when you get a chance, check out my pride and joy

my main guitar rig:

my bass rigs, thunderbird is an epi with a gibby sticker:

my 'backup/practice/jam' guitar gear:

I just like accumulating, I don't wanna thin the herd at allz!!!  no reason to :) hopefully I dont have to move and liquidate this stuff...cheers

I,Galactus

S'up SRL dudebros.  New gig, new digs, new rig:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

bbottom

My downsized rig

The 2x15 cab that I'm thinking about getting up and running again as well as my MIA Fender P

My MIA Fender jazz.

I have a Peavey T40 as well and a few other things as well that I don't have any pics of

tombhex

Quote from: everdrone on October 09, 2012, 07:28:39 AM
my bass rigs, thunderbird is an epi with a gibby sticker:

I really like those peavey tour series heads, i borrowed one from a buddy for a few gigs and it was one of the most dynamic sounding modern amps i've played out of in a long time. cheers!

Baxandall

oh mah gawd!  I can hear it here.  Nice setup.

hayseed

Here's my current setup:
1985 Marshall Jcm800 2204 in dark green, 2008(?) Marshall 1960TV cab, 2009 Gibson SG Classic(soon to have a mini humbucker in the bridge), 2007 Epiphone SG G400 Worn brown(best guitar I have ever owned), Fender Blacktop Tele with rosewood fretboard

Pedals- Dunlop crybaby wah, EH Small Stone Nano, Ibanez TS9 tube screamer, Boss DD3 Delay, Behringer Tuner, Visual Sound 1 Spot

Nothing too vintage or rare, but I'm content with what I got right now.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC