Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama

Quote from: tombhex on January 14, 2013, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: Drama on October 29, 2012, 01:54:12 PM

Recently put in some Lace Matt Pike's on the Buckethead and swapped out the Killswitches.

Dude, are those Sanwa arcade machine buttons in the place of killswitches? I have wanted to do that to a guitar for so long...

They are indeed Sanwa. They're like a buck fifty each and work better than anything I've used before.

Corey Y

Drama...since they're the arcade push button type, are they just momentary switches? Any difference between the upper and lower ones or are they both just volume kill switches?

Drama

Yeah, they're just momentary switches. Right now they're both kill switches, I'd do something more interesting with the lower one but I'm not sure what exactly.

SaintandWino

Here ya go. Bustin eardrums since 1971 :D/Users/dinagiovanelli/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/phone download 11-17-12/IMG_0334.jpg
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and right now I am all out of bubblegum!!

SaintandWino

Quote from: Drama on January 15, 2013, 02:05:25 PM
Quote from: tombhex on January 14, 2013, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: Drama on October 29, 2012, 01:54:12 PM

Recently put in some Lace Matt Pike's on the Buckethead and swapped out the Killswitches.

Dude, are those Sanwa arcade machine buttons in the place of killswitches? I have wanted to do that to a guitar for so long...
How do those pickups sound man??? I really want to get a set.

They are indeed Sanwa. They're like a buck fifty each and work better than anything I've used before.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and right now I am all out of bubblegum!!

taylo)))r

This is my recording rig for my rhythm tracks on our new record.

A Sunn Model T through a Marshal 4 x 12 straight cab, and a THD Flexi 50 watt through an orange 2 x 12. Sounds pretty sweet/

(insert interesting quote)

justinhedrick

Quote from: taylo)))r on January 24, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

A Sunn Model T through a Marshal 4 x 12 straight cab, and a THD Flexi 50 watt through an orange 2 x 12. Sounds pretty sweet/

what's the silver box above your pedals?

taylo)))r

Quote from: justinhedrick on January 24, 2013, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: taylo)))r on January 24, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

what's the silver box above your pedals?

It's a pedal built by this guy ned clayton, who has also made the same box for sunn 0)), eagle twin and some more peeps. It is an A/B/C box, that has phase switches, so you can keep all your amps in phase, and each channel has a tone boost that is based on a super hard on in them. It's a cool unit. He is also the guy who is building Hex Amps https://www.facebook.com/hex.cabs?fref=ts.

taylo)))r

It's my drummers pedal, he owns and operates his own studio and uses this pedal a lot.

Cursed71

So, you are able to run three amps at once with one of those?

taylo)))r

Quote from: Cursed71 on January 24, 2013, 07:05:36 PM
So, you are able to run three amps at once with one of those?

yes, yes you are.

clockwork green

Can it invert phase? It seems like half the time I try multi-amp rigs I get one amp out of phase with the other that ruins the whole thing.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

black

Bought the Mark lll combo and bottom cab brand spanking new in the late 1980's from the Boogie factory in Petaluma. Scored the top cab used a decade or so ago. They are war horses and have been all over the U.S., taking all kinds of abuse. My band(s) are always the loudest (and best tone..other guitarist has a dual Rectifier and M/B cabs and the bassist has a 400+ pushing through an Ampeg 'fridge and an Ampeg 4x12)) going and I never have to turn the volume past 3-31/2 to have that arena-style roar.

(crappy cell phone pic, i know)

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Jake

The Radial Twin-City ABY can swap phase and also has a ground lift to help if there's a hum.
poop.

I,Galactus

Dang, we got metal grille boogie boners all over the jam room today.

I'm on the hunt for some old EV loaded thiele 1x12's and a rack power amp.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

taylo)))r

Quote from: clockwork green on January 25, 2013, 12:06:12 PM
Can it invert phase? It seems like half the time I try multi-amp rigs I get one amp out of phase with the other that ruins the whole thing.

Yes, it can also invert phase. It's awesome.

VOLVO)))

How aboot peavey metal grille boners?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

I,Galactus

^putting the chub back in chub-cub
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

VOLVO)))

I got more Beta Leads...

How'd your tele turn out, Gal?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

themusketking

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 25, 2013, 05:02:20 PM

I got more Beta Leads...

DRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL. I want a Beta Lead so bad. I'm so broke. haha.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

themusketking

I'm a bass player and this is my first actual guitar rig. Have plenty more guitars, but this is my first head and cab.

Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Cursed71

Nice!  Is that a 160?  I've seen one once at a music-go-round.

I,Galactus

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 25, 2013, 05:02:20 PM

Still acquiring funds.  Need a bigsby I didn't know was licensed?  :D

May scratch the existing bod and holla @ this dude when he gets another $75 tele up. 

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.