I just bought a Yamaha SG200 for 74 bucks.

Started by VOLVO))), June 06, 2011, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Definitely a sleeper pedal. I think they stopped making them, too... Small, lightweight, inexpensive, sturdy, nice switch, what's not to love. 30 years from now, the rubber gasket thingy will fall apart... but we'll all be dead by then.

/hijack
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

I think the Yamaha is a permanent collection piece. It's a doll. The action is a little high, but it makes me play shit differently. I like it...

Trade it to Gabe, he'll play with it! haha.

I think I'm going to do this for a while. If you cats want to buy bullshit beater guitars, and have me refurb them for shipping/material/parts, I'll do it... I love doing it. It's funnnnn.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

black

^serious?^

Are you in the U.S. and if so, what region?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

The Shocker

Damn...  But I don't blame you.

Hmm, I have a FedEx account and a guitar that qualifies as a beater that has serious fret end problems...

The Shocker

And if someone really wants that Danoblaster PM me.

VOLVO)))

Yeah, I won't charge you cats labor or any of that jazz. You can buy the parts and have 'em shipped to me, or I'll buy the parts, and you pay me, whatever need be. It's good practice.

I'm in Tallahassee, FL.

Whatcha got Deany? What kind of fret issues? High/lifting/missing?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

The Shocker

A Galveston bolt neck lucite Les Paul.  Fret ends that poke out and I haven't ever been able to get the intonation right.  Don't remember if any were high - put it away til I had time to do something with it, but you know how that goes.  I'll post pictures of it tonight.  

Discö Rice

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 07, 2011, 10:15:07 PM
No worries, Deany. Its done, actually. Sand out and set up . Its a player!

Note, that is not my normal voice.
It DOES sound pretty.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Post pics, if its a bolty, you can take the neck off and seriously cut down on shipping costs. Im a filing machine.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

hey sunn, i have a dearmond les paul copy with a twisted neck . . . anything you can do with that?

VOLVO)))

Clamp it to something perfectly true, and apply humidity, let dry. If it twists again, there's no savin' it. It could probably be fretted out, but that kind of eats dick... is it a bolty or set neck? If i sanded the finish off the neck, it would probably take, since there is nothing protecting it from the moisture. Then apply oil and wax. Baby smooth. The SG is fast and smooth...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 08, 2011, 05:23:12 PM
Post pics, if its a bolty, you can take the neck off and seriously cut down on shipping costs. Im a filing machine.

Shit man, that's no fun.  I'll send the whole guitar so you can play with it as long as you post pics/video.

Shh - I don't really have to pay for the shipping...

justinhedrick

cool. it would probably just be cheaper for me to buy a new guitar!

The Shocker

There's a Danelectro available...

Sunn, here it is:

VOLVO)))

Post a pic, Justin... dearmonds aren't bad, if we can salvage it, even for a slide guitar or something, we should... Deany, they didn't roll the frets at the factory, it looks like. Easy as pie to fix. If you really wanna send 'er, shoot me a PM, you'll get a neato lucite les paul to play with.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Sure, I'll get in touch with you next week when I get back from New Orleans.  I'll send you something extra - I've got something in mind for you...

VOLVO)))

Killer! If it's inflatable, make sure to pack it separately, don't want any punctures from those jagged frets... :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.