The New X-Men Movie

Started by giantchris, June 07, 2011, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

So anyways I saw the new X-Men movie and I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised.  It was by far the best X-Men movie (not even CLOSE) and I'd rate it above Thor which I also rather liked.

The guy that played Magneto is going to be a huge star and Kevin Bacon was great as usual.  January Jones is really fucking hot too.

But anyways surprisingly well done story and pretty decent acting across the board.  Reminded me of an old James Bond movie in parts which is a good thing.  But don't be put off by how God awful the Wolverine movie was this is a legitimate good film.

Jor el

I'll have to check it oot.
A friend said the same thing: best x-men movie.
What Would Scooby Do ?

giantchris

Quote from: Jor el on June 07, 2011, 12:23:11 PM

I'll have to check it oot.
A friend said the same thing: best x-men movie.
It was unquestionably the best X-Men movie.  Its like comparing the new Batman to the old ones its that much better.

sleestak

Loved this movie.

A worthy post.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

CanookieWookie

Yes it was a pretty decent movie. Much better than I had expected.

mortlock

yeah..agreed. this movie kicked all sorts of ass. the x-men have always been the strongest of all the marvel movies. although i liked all the spiderman movies alot..the ff movies kinda let me down and im a huge ff fan. i always thought daredevil kicked ass. thor was meh. the first ironman was awesome, the second was meh..

the avengers better deliver in a big way. theyve been setting that up for like 4 years now.. 

tobbyhot

the first half was fine but the 2nd half was extremely wonderful and this was really the strong part of this movie. the story was awesome and overall it was awesome.