Main Menu

Jam Room Band

Started by inductorguitars, June 08, 2011, 07:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeprod

I've done this in the past and had success by using guitar riffs and a click track to set a foundation. The click track is used to keep things square until a real drummer lays down an acceptable drum track. Then you ditch it, and keep adding embellishments until everyone is happy. I'd be down to add some psych noise, a lead, or even some slide.
CV - Slender Fungus

inductorguitars

I'm still hashing out the keyboard idea. Simple 70's Rhodes with phaser. ;)

Sunn will do...

VOLVO)))

I'll do some swells, and ambient electronic shit, if wanted... Do you want me to make the soundcloud, Erik?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

SpaceTrucker

Bass player down, distorted fuzzy lead bass. Or acoustic guitar track. Or electric. I am a pretty good finger and flat picker on guitar. This sound like fun! :D

inductorguitars

I'm on my phone...

Sound cloud account name is Stoner Rock forum band
I think it can have a drop box, I'll look into when I get home. The full site is too slow on my phone.
The free account has only 2 hours on audio, it'll fill up fast with tracks...

tossom

Great idea ;D

Guitar is my main thing, can do bass too and if I am brave/drunk enough I could do vocals.
"Beige rock"

inductorguitars

Scrapped the Rhodes riff, turned out like shit. I'm not a keyboard player, just a button tweaker.

Maybe I'll try just a background effect...

VOLVO)))

I'll record some keyboard shit, right now, and put it in the drop box, to bust it's cherry.

EDIT: Need the password to the account.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

inductorguitars

Email me for the password.

I'll PM Sunn it too.

Slow

Did it not upload? Fuck. I'll try again soon as I get home. I'm at the shop nursing my poor poor Marshall and it's dumb fucking microphonic tubes.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

inductorguitars

Crappy E A G G E A C G riff

Individual tracks of HH and Rhoades with Distortion and phaser.

http://soundcloud.com/stoner-rock-forum-band

VOLVO)))

Derp. What's the email you used for it? It won't let me upload shit unless I'm logged in.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

inductorguitars

I fucked up on the uploads...

I reuploaded the correct tracks.

ejarvi2@gmail.com

Instant Dan

Need to get some real recording gear besides my 4-track tape and I would totally do it.

inductorguitars

Quote from: Instant Dan on June 15, 2011, 04:06:42 PM
Need to get some real recording gear besides my 4-track tape and I would totally do it.

Record on the 4 track then cable it into the computer.

RacerX

Johnny-come-lately here: I could probably lay down some lap steel licks during the sustained notes, if that seems like a good idea to those already on board.

If it does, should I go for bluesy or atmospheric?
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

It absolutely will not let me upload shit from my computer.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eyeprod

its not working for me either. some error about sharing?
CV - Slender Fungus

inductorguitars

I bet sound cloud has IP detection for password sharing like we're doing.

email me the clips and I'll get them up.

And Third times a charm with the Rhodes part.  I was trying to rush it this morning.

VOLVO)))

Just upload to mediafire and post the links in the thread!

http://www.mediafire.com/?bs5eb10dv65lj8e

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

inductorguitars

Sunn's keyboard track up at soundclod

eyeprod

I've got a bass riff, and a drum track to go with it. Not much, just something I had leftover from a previous sesh. It's only a minute or two. Mess with it if you want. Lose the bass, keep the drums, redo it, add to it, whatever. I'm not attached, but I think a basic thing like this is the best way to get something started. You gotta have drums and a riff, as I see it. If you drop these tracks into an audio editor they'll line up perfectly, and it would be easy to add overdubs. I think it would also be easy enough to punch in a new part as this one starts to fade. anyway, check it out. I think the jam room band idea is way past due. We have the technology.  ;D

http://soundcloud.com/eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus