Jam Room has Jumped The Shark

Started by Hemisaurus, June 13, 2011, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

For immediate service post in the Tech Q thread  ;)

Discö Rice

::)
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

You're THAT bored? Ill send you that death box... Deaner is sending me a guitar to work on to cure my boredom
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

You see the supertrolling going on in Gen Disc?  Fuck- almost makes a guy want some old fashioned justin drama.   Double lame.  riffrockdied.com 

Hemisaurus

Odd that no-one has posted the Seth Putnam obituary either

neighbor664

VOLVO)))

Did we fix everything ALREADY? Someone, break some shit.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Haha there will be more soon. I haven't posted much because I'be been both busy and too broke to buy any new gear.  I'm back working a job where I'll be near a computer three days a week to troll the shit out of this place (or just talk about gear I can't afford).

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

inductorguitars

Awhile back I heard an NPR (Maybe this American Life) program about the guy who wrote that Happy Days episode.

20 years later he thinks it's still a good episode.

Jor el

"supertrolling" is a great descriptive term.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Discö Rice

Ayek

VOLVO)))

I could kick myself in the nuts for not playing guitar before I was 17. Looking back, reflecting, I passed up SO much nice shit just due to pure ignorance. That little checkmate amp included. There was one sitting the in basement at my Papa's house, in Pennsylvania. We ended up throwing it out because it sounded shitty when we played music (albums) through it. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. I wonder how bad the frets on that Tiesco are...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

noooo, have you looked at Guitarfetish's SG2000 knockoff?

Granted, it's a hundred dollars more, but it's probably 30X the quality...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 14, 2011, 11:21:19 AM

someone pointed something out to me once about those guitars that made me leery (was it on here maybe?): look at where the neck meets the body, i can't see the picture because i'm at work, but i remeber it being pretty high up on the neck . . .

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 14, 2011, 11:21:19 AM

Yes, sure have.  Those Xavieres are semi-hollow, right?  Will probably get one or the other at some point, depending on finances.  The Jay Tursers are really nice for the price though & probably built in the same factory (or one down the street) as the Xavieres.

VOLVO)))

It is chambered, didn't notice that.

Is what sold me on it, if I get anything that looks remotely like that...

Even still, same factory, or not, I'm going to buy this to feed my need for semi-hollow. Unless I happen upon a guild starfire for under a grand. Major fanboi.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

I can't decide between the lemon drop or the sunburst...

VOLVO)))

I'm on a "want traditional looking guitars" kick, so I'd go for the sunburst. Dunno what it is, Trying to sell off my shredder guitars because they're inherently useless to me now just makes me want to own a LP, and a semi-hollow... and a strat... and a hollowbody... and some more SGs, and probably an EHX Cathedral reverb, and the 18 inch tom I'm going to use as a kick drum...

man. I. am. fucked.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Yeah, I'm really wanting a 2 P90 guitar like a LP or SG Special, but I'm thinking get the Turser and some GFS P90's...

justinhedrick

Quote from: deaner33 on June 14, 2011, 11:43:54 AM
Yeah, I'm really wanting a 2 P90 guitar like a LP or SG Special, but I'm thinking get the Turser and some GFS P90's...

it might be cheaper to look for a p90 epiphone? but i don't know.

plus, accoridng to the ebay listing, the jay turser is 25.5 scale. not sure if that matters to you?