just found out we have to play a show this weekend as a 3 piece.

Started by justinhedrick, June 17, 2011, 10:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

our synth player was omitted to the hospital yesterday to have emergency gall bladder surgery. he is super bummed (and in a lot of pain) beacuse we are playing this saturday with 2 killer bands. I suggested that we not play at all, but he suggested playing as a 3 piece (guitar/drums/bass). it will work out ok but it just won't sound as cool, because the synth parts are what really fills in the holes in our sound.

oh well, i'm going to drink some beers and turn up loud. (that's the best thing to do, right?!)  :P

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 17, 2011, 10:49:56 AM
Add a second drummer

ha! no time for that. i thought about just adding loops to our songs (i do it in a few already, nothing major).

black_out

Shit man, I feel his pain...I had to have my gall bladder out a few years ago. That was probably the most pain I've ever been in...it's a toss up between that and the kidney stone I had last summer. I actually had to cancel a show with Jucifer AT the show because I forgot to bring my pain killers and the kidney stone hit my business section like 5 minutes after I got the bar.

Hope your buddy makes out ok, and tell him to lay off of anything really high in protein for a couple months until his body adjusts.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

justinhedrick

Quote from: black_out on June 17, 2011, 12:02:03 PM
Shit man, I feel his pain...I had to have my gall bladder out a few years ago. That was probably the most pain I've ever been in...it's a toss up between that and the kidney stone I had last summer. I actually had to cancel a show with Jucifer AT the show because I forgot to bring my pain killers and the kidney stone hit my business section like 5 minutes after I got the bar.

Hope your buddy makes out ok, and tell him to lay off of anything really high in protein for a couple months until his body adjusts.

i'll do that. this guy is a trooper too, total breadwinner for his family, coaches like 2 or 3 of his sons teams, played div 3 football in college, real go-get 'er. we actually practice at his warehouse and have to find a way to get our stuff out to play. i can't imagine being in that amount of pain.

Hemisaurus

It won't replace him, but it can make interesting noises.

you can build it in time, right? Use the U of I stores if you can't get parts ;)

The Shocker

Gallbladder surgery is no joke.  They say that every day you spend in the hospital equals a week's recovery time. I was in the hospital for a week with mine...

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.

black_out

Quote from: deaner33 on June 17, 2011, 12:52:53 PM
Gallbladder surgery is no joke.  They say that every day you spend in the hospital equals a week's recovery time. I was in the hospital for a week with mine...

yeah, I was in a week, too. My pancreas was seriously inflamed and they had to wait for it to shrink back down before they could operate. They also thought I might have had that super bacteria Merca or whatever, so they put me in private room, which was nice, but holy shit was it expensive. On the plus side, a week in the hospitol living off of pain killers and water through an iv helped me drop about 20lbs that I seriously needed to get rid of!
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

justinhedrick

Quote from: black_out on June 17, 2011, 01:13:21 PM

yeah, I was in a week, too. My pancreas was seriously inflamed and they had to wait for it to shrink back down before they could operate. They also thought I might have had that super bacteria Merca or whatever, so they put me in private room, which was nice, but holy shit was it expensive. On the plus side, a week in the hospitol living off of pain killers and water through an iv helped me drop about 20lbs that I seriously needed to get rid of!

that black out, he always keeps it on the sunny side!

The Shocker

Quote from: justinhedrick on June 17, 2011, 01:17:39 PM

Yeah, hopefully your bandmate won't be out that long. 
My gallbladder had kicked out some stones which were blocking other ducts going to my liver.  I developed jaundice and lost 15-20 lbs too.

justinhedrick

Quote from: deaner33 on June 17, 2011, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: justinhedrick on June 17, 2011, 01:17:39 PM

Yeah, hopefully your bandmate won't be out that long. 
My gallbladder had kicked out some stones which were blocking other ducts going to my liver.  I developed jaundice and lost 15-20 lbs too.

well it's kind of ironic in that we are taking some time off after this show: our drummer's wife is having a baby, our bass player might be moving, so the synth player and myself might be soldiering on with 2 new members . . .