Started by Isabellacat, June 23, 2011, 03:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Albatross by C.O.C. and Weird Out by Dandelion \m/

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

black_out

By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Wesogkan

'Born Too Late'..using it to learn to play and sing at the same time. And I'm totally going to figure out some Graveyard.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

justinhedrick

RAGER

When i was about 15 my buddy had this Kiss record that I don't recall which one but it had a skip on it and we would jam on that skip back and forth.  that was pretty cool and stuff :P

Sometimes when I have tunes playing I have my acoustic in hand and play along my own melody lines and solo.  My new girlfriend seems very impressed that I can do this.
No Focus Pocus

SpaceTrucker

Yesterday I was jamming along to the ice cream truck. And the Simpsons theme.

That is the joy of an acoustic. ;D

black_out

Quote from: RacerX on June 23, 2011, 11:54:57 AM
"Jamming"?

To other people's riffs?

I just assumed she meant "when you're hanging out in your house jamming out, what is a riff that you're having fun fucking around with?"

That being said..I don't do it much anymore, but I used to solo along with Sabbath songs all the time when I was a wee lad learning to play guitar.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

johnny problem

The Shocker

black_out

beardofcthulhu

Among the Living.  The whole record....or as much of it as I can get through without losing feeling in my right arm......
Peace through volume.

cusar5

I've been learning all of the Allman Brothers "At Fillmore East" for the past year or so. Give me another year and I might even be able to do all the fills from "Liz Reed" and "Whipping Post."

peyotepeddler

but..............but.................................fu manchu sold out!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevermind, old news, everyone forgives ignorance

Ayek

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 23, 2011, 08:23:42 AM
Into the Void

That the one one I tend to play first when I pick up the bass when I'm at home. Usually just the intro though.

Isabellacat

Quote from: peyotepeddler on June 25, 2011, 12:42:23 AM
but..............but.................................fu manchu sold out!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevermind, old news, everyone forgives ignorance

yes you are ignorant. I love Fu Manchu.

Palmer Eldritch

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

LogicalFrank

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 23, 2011, 08:23:42 AM
Into the Void

I have noticed that even Tony Iommi cannot play the little flourish at the end of this riff as well as he did on Master of Reality. When Kyuss tried, it sounded like a couple of stoned teenagers who only practiced it only once--which, now that I think about it, is probably pretty close to how it went down.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Instant Dan

jibberish

-the mellow part of snowblind, that descending rhythm part.
-the outro to hotel Cauliforneeah<-wicked little chord progression which i moved so it is e minor and spawns massive nile river style wankery
-the rhythm under the vocals of fade to black, really any of that song, even the beginning is fun to jam over or just play
-east berwick witch trials<-mega riff tune

i will be learning some fu manchu actually seeing as someone mentioned it. i have been steeping myself in action is go and in search of for months now.  there is a really boogie tune on in search of and of course the first tune on action is go just slays.

black_out

Quote from: Instant Dan on June 27, 2011, 11:48:24 AM
St. Vitus Dance

YEESSS!!! When I first started playing with my drummer we played this song all the fucking time.

Isabellacat

nice to see alot of Sabbath up in this thread....makes me think of one of my last jams...

that was my last band Purple Hex and we loved jamming to that riff lots. and oh yea that's me on guitar/vocals and Ben(franksnbeans) from Damnweevil on drums.