Make The Economic Crisis Work or You

Started by black, June 23, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

bass sic

I know a guy who made a die and was punching picks out of lp's. Nice and grippy, but if he punched them out of a country record your metal would probably sound twangy.

black

black_out

Quote from: bass sic on June 23, 2011, 01:43:28 PM
I know a guy who made a die and was punching picks out of lp's. Nice and grippy, but if he punched them out of a country record your metal would probably sound twangy.

That sounds awesome! I tried making some picks at work out of ultem (the shit dunlop ultex are made from) and I kept fucking up trying to bevel the edges.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

black

Were you using a dremel to bevel them? What about a wood burning tool or soldering gun?

RacerX

My picks are made outta human skulls.

Okay, not really, but it felt cool to type that.
Livin' The Life.

black_out

Quote from: black on June 23, 2011, 08:48:28 PM
Were you using a dremel to bevel them? What about a wood burning tool or soldering gun?

I tired a buffing wheel, a belt sander, and I tried hand filing them. I wouldn't dare touch that shit with a soldering iron...the fumes couldn't possibly be good for you.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

inductorguitars

You probably need to make a jig to hold the pick in place while you sand the bevel. I'd try the belt sander first.

black_out

Quote from: inductorguitars on June 24, 2011, 08:28:51 PM
You probably need to make a jig to hold the pick in place while you sand the bevel. I'd try the belt sander first.

I think the problem with the belt sander was that it's pretty gritty shit. If I had the motivation to pull it off and throw something more on the fine side it'd probably work better. 

spookstrickland

I really like the sound of the human nail as a pick but mine keep breaking.  I have a friend that works at a funeral home and he has been getting me Toenails off the bodies before they get cremated and with a little shaping of the dremel tool they make incredible picks, they sound just like your own nail but give you the control of a pick.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

dogfood

spook, that's the most METAL thing I've every heard from you, congradulations!
Problem solving whiskey!

black_out

Quote from: spookstrickland on June 26, 2011, 02:54:45 PM
I really like the sound of the human nail as a pick but mine keep breaking.  I have a friend that works at a funeral home and he has been getting me Toenails off the bodies before they get cremated and with a little shaping of the dremel tool they make incredible picks, they sound just like your own nail but give you the control of a pick.

I'm gonna just throw it out there that this is probably illegal.

the diddler

Quote from: black_out on June 26, 2011, 07:50:52 PM

I'm gonna just throw it out there that this is probably illegal.

Might be- if it were true.  Spook- thought you were still filing down the tops of salad dressing bottles for picks, no?

Metal and Beer

Would your Lord and Savior Jesus H. Christ approve of you playing the devil's riffs with human toenails, Spook? Way to express-pass your soul to the South of Heaven Buffet broh.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Hey, you assholes, lay off Spook. If he loves Jesus and Ham, let the motherfucker love Jesus and Ham.

I'm sure you pricks feel fine with your cigarettes and buttpussies aflame all the time!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 27, 2011, 01:01:14 AM
Hey, you assholes, lay off Spook. If he loves Jesus and Ham, let the motherfucker love Jesus and Ham.

I'm sure you pricks feel fine with your cigarettes and buttpussies aflame all the time!

There's several ZZ Top song titles in there ^     :D
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

giantchris

Well...As long as you don't name the picks after the person they came from thats ok I guess.  But in all honesty I can almost guarentee you thats illegal might not be worth it on the off note someone notices as religious types will flip their lid (and some non religious types).  Personally I wouldn't care if someone used my toenails as a pick after I died.  A LOT of early cultures made practical use of the body after death not as many that buried people but still significant numbers. 

I also imagine there could be some possibility of some sort of infection related to using other people's nails as your pick.  Dunno, if the person had MRSA or something might be an issue and since you don't have access to the records might not be a good idea.

LogicalFrank

I can vouch for Spook's method. I get mine from a different source though (not telling). People ask me the secret to my tone and I say it's in my right hand technique. Ha!
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

black_out

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 27, 2011, 01:01:14 AM

All I'm saying is that using the Toe Nails of dead people for a pick is probably a felony. I'm not passing judgement. I mean.. it is pretty disgusting.. but whatever.

spookstrickland

Oh man that was just too funny ;D  I was just pulling your leg on the toenail picks LOL

Although I get the feeling that now that the idea is out there some one is going to do it for real :o
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

justinhedrick

Quote from: spookstrickland on June 27, 2011, 02:21:26 PM
Oh man that was just too funny ;D  I was just pulling your leg on the toenail picks LOL

Although I get the feeling that now that the idea is out there some one is going to do it for real :o

i met a dude once back in college who played in a mariachi band (his dads? uncles? shit i don't remember) anyway, he played some 8 stringed mexican instrument and said the pick was a hunk of goat hoof . . . fucked up.