Main Menu

You Know When

Started by Hemisaurus, June 29, 2011, 09:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

...a practice is just so good, it's like you need to smoke the metaphorical cigarette after it?

I think I'm guilty of musical onanism ;D

Slow

I wish my bandmates weren't both out of town. I'm starting another band, without them, while they are gone. dickheads.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

mortlock

just as long as you didnt get anything on your instrument, its ok..

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 29, 2011, 09:35:39 PM
...a practice is just so good, it's like you need to smoke the metaphorical cigarette after it?

did you find a guit-fiddler?

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on June 30, 2011, 09:04:43 AM

onanism as in on my o(w)n ;)

yer stil pencilled in :)

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 30, 2011, 09:53:41 AM
Quote from: justinhedrick on June 30, 2011, 09:04:43 AM

onanism as in on my o(w)n ;)

yer stil pencilled in :)

man, i was thinking about that last night when i looked at all my gear stacked in the garage . . . if we were only a few miles closer.

RAGER

man I haven't seen my bandmates in a month and I couldn't be happier :)
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

you know when a practice or gig is bad you need a shower and possibly a douche avfterwards?

Thats me for the past 4 years now. Time for a change.

Metal and Beer

I had one of "those" last night; in fact the last two/few Seahag practices were like that. Spiritually and soulfully ("soulfully? Really? LOL) satisfying indeed...

Chives, that's a bummer that you don't enjoy live jammin'. Why can't worthless "musicians" suffer from that, instead of good ones ? 
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Corey Y

After most practices I have the literal cigarette, regardless of how well it went. I do know that feeling though, yes. Practice before last felt almost that good, old tunes were locked in, new tunes were shaping up. Last night should have been that way, but something was just a little off in my head. Our guitarist changed his cabs, which sounds much better, but it threw off how I hear myself in the mix and got me thinking about new a new cab(s) instead of being in the moment. I hate thinking about gear while I play, I play music to make my mind go away.

Chovie D

Quote from: Metal and Beer on June 30, 2011, 02:06:59 PM
I had one of "those" last night; in fact the last two/few Seahag practices were like that. Spiritually and soulfully ("soulfully? Really? LOL) satisfying indeed...

Chives, that's a bummer that you don't enjoy live jammin'. Why can't worthless "musicians" suffer from that, instead of good ones ? 

Aw man thanks for the compliment. I enjoy playng the music live, but theres 5 hours per gig of other shit that goes along with it that I can no longer stand.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Corey Y on June 30, 2011, 02:25:31 PM
I hate thinking about gear while I play, I play music to make my mind go away.

i agree. i hate that too.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Chovie D on June 30, 2011, 02:00:50 PM
you know when a practice or gig is bad you need a shower and possibly a douche avfterwards?

Yeah, your ready for your free onion, Justin can tell you what I mean  ;)

Gzus better get off his ass and come practice, or I'm using the SR-16, I swear it ;D

Slow

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 30, 2011, 10:50:51 PM
Quote from: Chovie D on June 30, 2011, 02:00:50 PM

Yeah, your ready for your free onion, Justin can tell you what I mean  ;)

Gzus better get off his ass and come practice, or I'm using the SR-16, I swear it ;D

Hemithronesus
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

zachoff

Or when you practice a bit before loading up for a show & it rules and you think you blew it for the show?  That's awesome too.

justinhedrick

Quote from: zachoff on July 01, 2011, 11:29:11 AM
Or when you practice a bit before loading up for a show & it rules and you think you blew it for the show?  That's awesome too.

i'm not a fan of doing this, but it usually works really well . . .

justinhedrick

you need to play in champaign, uranus.