24/7 Penguins/Capitals

Started by The Shocker, December 18, 2010, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

HBO Sports brings it again.  Can't wait for the Winter Classic!

socket

Didn't watch it yet.  Watching tomorrow.  LET'S GO PENS!
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

socket

Just watched it... It was the perfect setup with the Caps in a slump and the Pens on fire for the 1st episode.  I hope the Caps can turn it on a little to make the game interesting....  it'll be interesting to see the locker room if Boudreau gets fired.  I'm looking forward to Thursday's game. 
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

sleestak

Yeah I enjoyed it and I liked how it was generalized a bit for the more casual fan.  It's easy to like a documentary about the team I obsess over and I feel like I would like it even if I wasn't from Pittsburgh and a Penguin hockey fanatic.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

sleestak

Responding to my own post but fuck episode 2 was fucking great too.  This is such great TV.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

You have HD?  That show should be a reference for how good HDTV can look.  Stunning.

lftwng4

I haven't seen it as we don't have HBO, but I've seen a ton of promos and shit for it on the NHL channel.  Unfortunately for them, Washington has been struggling lately, and the Pens are flying high.  Might be a blowout game and not live up to the hype that the rivalry had in the past.

I kind of like the idea of the winter classic, and I appreciate how the players feel about it, but I don't think the games are all that good, from a performance angle.  I think the ice is slow, sometimes those guys are skating into the wind or snow, etc.
It's a novelty, and I'd go to one in person, but to watch on TV it's just not that exciting. 

The Shocker

Quote from: sleestak on December 22, 2010, 11:02:21 PM
Responding to my own post but fuck episode 2 was fucking great too.  This is such great TV.

No it's fuckin* great, not fucking great.

*Per Bruce Boudreau  ;)

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?