Main Menu

craigslist wtf?

Started by justinhedrick, July 01, 2011, 10:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

core9

black_out

I'd try to talk him down to $25  :D
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Hemisaurus

go for it Justin, I got a Peavey 215 for $50, and the guy through in 3 extras. wasn't a druggie, just didn't need it anymore.

Hemisaurus

Hmm, 2 years of dampness, maybe not :'(

RAGER

if the speakers are fucked now they will be soon.  moisture and corrosion build up on the voice coil gap which isn't much of a gap and the movement will soon rub on the coil and poof goes your speaker.  Take it to the dump
No Focus Pocus

justinhedrick

yeah, the funny thing is that i want a 2x15 that is smaller than the kustom 2x15 i have now. thought i was getting  a steal.

mortlock

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 02, 2011, 12:17:30 PM
yeah, the funny thing is that i want a 2x15 that is smaller than the kustom 2x15 i have now. thought i was getting  a steal.
Why not just get a single 15? My old Alamo has a single 15, and this Crate Stealth is blowing my damn head off with 100W into a 15"

justinhedrick

good question hemi. I guess i've never thought of a 1x15. plus, it seems like when 2x15s come up, they are usually fairly cheap because most people don't want them.

Ranbat

Wait a week or so and see if it's still on there. If so offer him $20 or to haul it off for free. See if it works. If it doesn't, it's just cool to have stuff like that sitting around.
Meh :/

Hemisaurus

If it's still there, someone smart, with a speaker lead and a 9V battery may have already shown up and taken it.  ;D

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 04, 2011, 08:28:26 AM
good question hemi. I guess i've never thought of a 1x15. plus, it seems like when 2x15s come up, they are usually fairly cheap because most people don't want them.

Buy the Crate, saw it in half, nail / glue a new bottom onto the one that lost the partition and add a jack. You are now the proud owner of 2 1x15's that probably sound OK, if the speakers are still in shape.

Do I have to think of everything round here  ;)