vertically orientated stack 4 x 12 cabs

Started by dogfood, July 08, 2011, 12:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peyotepeddler

man, i saw some of their cabs on another forum, some were 2x15's with the built in lights

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

emperor cabs.  like the sunn p.a. 4x12's

black_out

I wonder if that's more or less of a pain in the ass to carry compared to a traditional 4x12.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Lumpy

If it's not easier to move or to fit into the van, I can't see any point to the design, except to look different. It gets the speakers up higher for monitoring, but a slant cab does the same, no? If you're playing house shows, then the speakers are chest-level for the audience too (advantage there).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

dogfood

slant cabs are yawners.  there really isn't a perfect 4x12 for a stage.  unless you stack three, perhaps four, 4x12 cabs on top of one another and another similar stack next angled away from the first next to it you got shit.  what I like about the vert 4x12 is that two of them angled out is close to the ideal.  close.
Problem solving whiskey!

Hemisaurus

Quote from: dogfood on July 10, 2011, 05:17:57 PM
slant cabs are yawners.  there really isn't a perfect 4x12 for a stage.  unless you stack three, perhaps four, 4x12 cabs on top of one another and another similar stack next angled away from the first next to it you got shit.  what I like about the vert 4x12 is that two of them angled out is close to the ideal.  close.
Really your just jonesing for one of those Bose PA's

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!