Main Menu

Hal Galper master class

Started by Lumpy, July 12, 2011, 04:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I like this guy's shtick... talking about bigger concepts like 'what to play', creativity, and how to think about playing music. Maybe too intellectual for here (although he seems to argue against intellectualizing too much) and it's jazz (and piano) based, but probably applies to all music where there is some creative freedom. Give it a try, if you wanna waste a few minutes.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

I thought I'd fruit the place up a little.  :)

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Lumpy on July 12, 2011, 05:49:37 AM
I thought I'd fruit the place up a little.  :)

RAGER does that enough.  ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

LogicalFrank

Halfway through the first video. So far this guy is fucking great!
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Corey Y

SpaceTrucker

Damn man I just got done reading a lot of his article on his website. Very VERY informative. He has tons of info and a great outlook on improvisation and how to apply it. The guy can explain things better than many great Music teachers.

I wonder if he does clinics around the country.

Lumpy

I could see how beardos might find it a little too airy-fairy, but there are some practical nuggets in there. For example, to play faster (and smoother) try counting every other beat (1 and 3) instead of every beat. Try it with the beginning riff of Crazy Train (not the example he uses ;) )

neighbor664

spookstrickland

Very cool, please keep stuff like this coming.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org