What's hitting the spot for you right now, musically?

Started by lordfinesse, July 13, 2011, 12:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordfinesse

For me it's been Graveyard's first album. For about 2 weeks now it's been the soundtrack of my life. It seems the tide is changing though, and now it's Rainbow - Rising. My god that's good stuff. I mean I am running with the wolf. In both cases, it's music that just makes me want to play.

So, what are you guys into lately?
Billy Squier 24/7

liquidsmoke

After having just seen a killer Led Zeppelin tribute band Friday night, this week I've been listening to the early albums. For a lot of years there I really didn't pay much attention to them at all so now it's all hitting me real hard, especially the heavy songs.

Otherwise I've been mostly listening to the 10 CDs I bought at Days of the Doomed a few weeks back. Gates of Slumber, Pale Divine, Sinister Realm, Iron Man, Crucifist, Orodruin, Argus, Las Cruces, Black Pyramid, Kin Of Ettins, mostly all good.

spookstrickland

I just got back into listening to "Fresh Cream"  It used to be my least favorite Cream album now It's my Favorite.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

mawso

total 13 by backyard babies is kickin my arse heaps right now

zachoff

VOLVO)))

Om - God is Good, Conference of the Birds, Variations on a Theme

Unsane - Visqueen, Scattered Smothered Covered, Total Destruction

Celan - Halo
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

SpaceTrucker

The Pixies right now along with sonic youth. I'm just in that mood ya know.

giantchris

I've been listening to the new Dark Castle a ton.  Which is funny because when I saw them open for Zoroaster when Matador came out I thought they were only O K.  This album is fucking great the songwriting is almost perfect lots of cool dynamics and great moods.

tossom

Mos Generator - songs for future gods.  I don't know why I didn't buy this CD back when it was released. ???
"Beige rock"

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 13, 2011, 12:29:56 PM
Om - God is Good, Conference of the Birds, Variations on a Theme

Unsane - Visqueen, Scattered Smothered Covered, Total Destruction

Celan - Halo

yes, but trade out Om for weedeater: jason the dragon.

GodShifter

Currently digging on the new Pontiak Living and also Woven Hand/Wovenhand's first one.

Hemisaurus

Feedback thru the built in Flanger on my Crate and Ibanez Delay > Ibanez Delay > LPF > Mixer and back again ;D

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on July 13, 2011, 05:51:55 PM
Feedback thru the built in Flanger on my Crate and Ibanez Delay > Ibanez Delay > LPF > Mixer and back again ;D

oh. the stealth has a built in flanger?

Corey Y

Pentagram's new one "Last Rites" has been residing in truck's CD player since I picked it up. I've been taking a break from music and just listening to standup comedy for the last week or so though.

black_out

Quote from: GodShifter on July 13, 2011, 05:08:04 PM
Currently digging on the new Pontiak Living and also Woven Hand/Wovenhand's first one.

I didn't realize Pontiak had a new album out. - Solid band.

Me personally... been listening to T. Rex -The Slider, The New Graveyard album, Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy and Presence, High Tide - Sea Shanties

and fucking Jerusalem

By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

black_out

oh and also this video where some dude matched up a Nightsun song with fucking Duel!

By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 13, 2011, 05:54:58 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on July 13, 2011, 05:51:55 PM

oh. the stealth has a built in flanger?

Metal and Beer

Both of the bands I'm in are currently in creative upswings so that's been keeping my itch scratched nicely. I haven't been listening to albums at all in recent times--just Bandcamp pages and other online resources but that new Yob song is pretty badass.

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

dogfood

Boris-Smile.  Lately the long form, psychedelic is what has been what my brain needs.  And, reading.
Problem solving whiskey!

Isabellacat

Quote from: liquidsmoke on July 13, 2011, 03:11:27 AM
After having just seen a killer Led Zeppelin tribute band Friday night, this week I've been listening to the early albums. For a lot of years there I really didn't pay much attention to them at all so now it's all hitting me real hard, especially the heavy songs.

yea I've been listening to Led Zepagain alot, as well as the usual Flower Travellin Band and Andromeda albums.

Woody

I'm going through one of my periodic phases where I get bored with rock music. I've been listening to a lot of those live Miles Davis records from the 70's, Dark Magus especially. Phenomenal triple axe attack from Pete Cosey, Reggie Lucas and Dominique Gaumont.

RAGER

Quote from: tossom on July 13, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
Mos Generator - songs for future gods.  I don't know why I didn't buy this CD back when it was released. ???
super killer record.  those guys rule.

I've been listening  to Fleet Foxes and Dylan allot lately.  Been playing my acoustic quite a bit.

Also been listening to Dead Meadow
No Focus Pocus

johnny problem

Judd Madden - Waterfall, Drown, Float.  Those three albums have been on heavy rotation.  A solo artist taking care of the drums, guitars, bass and piano.  Absolutely amazing stuff.  It makes me hold my guitar.

justinhedrick

Quote from: RAGER on July 14, 2011, 12:18:03 PM
Quote from: tossom on July 13, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
super killer record.  those guys rule.

I've been listening  to Fleet Foxes and Dylan allot lately.  Been playing my acoustic quite a bit.

Also been listening to Dead Meadow

god, i can't stand fleet foxes.