Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apekillman

6x10 or 6x12?   Looks like maybe a 12.   Whats wrong with the grill?  That weirdo plastic Velcro stuff?  Rip it out and staple in some real Velcro.

Jake

I saw "apekillman" as the last poster in this thread and was hoping he uploaded a picture of that shiny new sidewalk here.

poop.

hisheroisjon

They're 12's. Yeah the tabs are fucked, that's an easy fix though. Someon painted some sort of horrid looking logo, then painted the entire grill black. I don't know if I can strip it back to silver without causing a lot of damage, so I'm probably going to have to find some suitable replacement cloth for it.

apekillman

Hang tight, one sidewalk coming up!

Still have the matamp too.

harm.on.x

Got this for $120 recently. I found it in a studio I worked. The guy didn't even know what it was and just wanted to get rid of it. It needed a bit of love, nothing more than a few hours of work and it was back in shape.
I thought I would never like a pointy headstock guitar with a Floyd (Ibanez Edge to be exact, which in some ways works better than a Floyd) but.....little did I know....

EDIT: This is not my picture. It's courtesy of http://www.ibanezregister.com. I don't have a good camera so I linked to this image. My guitar looks identical and in nearly the same overall condition. Just a few dings.
Made in Japan in 1987.  It's a Pro 540 Radius. Neck is a bit thinner than a std Fender but not the super thin wizard type. DiMarzio pickups, master volume and tone knobs, and indivindulal on/off switch  for each pickup. String spacing is identical to Fender, as is scale length.

harm.on.x

Is there any love for the pointy headstock axes around here? I'm almost ashamed to admit I like this axe  ??? I've sold my Fender strat earlier this week and selling my PRS soon. This and my Tele cover all grounds for me right now.

I,Galactus

Plenty of shredder love around here, fella.  Those sabers are fun as fuck to play.  Here's the one I lust for:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

clockwork green

I've had this for a year and a half or so in case I need to shred my way through the zombie apocalypse:

I've always wanted a nice BC Rich Ironbird but I hate the script logo...so if I ever find one with the classic "R" in my price rage I'll gladly jump on it. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

harm.on.x

Quote from: I,Galactus on August 04, 2012, 04:32:37 PM
Plenty of shredder love around here, fella.  Those sabers are fun as fuck to play.  Here's the one I lust for:

Dude I remember seeing one of those Sabers years ago in a guitar shop and I was drooling all over it!
The one I got is a Radius though, not a Saber. They were both part of the Roadstar II Pro540 line together with the "Power". The Radius had the thicker neck out of all three. I do like the thicker neck. I don't think I would be able to live with something thinner than this.
One thing I find extremely surprising is how much I enjoy the Edge trem. I've avoided Floyd type trems so far because they always looked a pain in the arse to setup. It's actually not that bad. And anyway, the little hassle involved is definitely worth it. It' s such a precise device! And the trem bar sits way lower towards the body than any other trem system I ever tried. It makes wiggling the trem bar while playing a breeze.
I can't believe I scored an instrument like this for $120.

Corey Y

New amp day! I bought a GK MB800, probably only the second time I've ever bought a bass amp new actually. It's light (4 lbs), it's really fucking loud (800 watts @ 4ohm) and it sounds great. I just sold my 800RB and wanted something lighter and louder with a similar sound, this definitely fits the bill. A little more gain on tap in the preamp, a little more low end and it's got a lot of punch. I'm a fan of the GK sound through Ampeg cabs and it sounds killer through my 410HLF (with the tweeter turned off, of course).

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MichaelZodiac

Looking good. As far as I'm concerned GK amps are about the only bass amps in a shop right now that have a nice price/performance ratio but correct me if I'm wrong.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Corey Y

GK definitely has one of the best power to price ratios of any bass amp brand. Definitely the lowest compared to similar amps from Genz-Benz, Ampeg and Mesa/Boogie. I actually made a spread sheet when I was shopping for amps, comparing price, weight, features and power. Plus, you can find dealers who sell well under the minimum advertised price, if you really hunt for a bargain. These go for $699 from GC/MF and that lot...I got it for $549 and it shipped the same day. Ordered Monday, arrived this morning. Of course GK has a "sound". If you like that sound it's a great deal, if you like something different it's not. It's not like they're tonally inflexible, there's a lot of overlap between brands, but they all have extremes the others don't. Personally, I like the GK sound. I've owned several of their amps before, so it's pretty awesome to be able to get that sound, with that power and that little weight for that cost.

clockwork green

New pedal day...Strymon BlueSky and Boomerang III looper. I have 4 more pedals I'm waiting on delivery, I'm redoing my pedalboard for maximum spaciness and looping.

hisheroisjon

The infinite plate setting on the strymon is unreal, I wan't one so bad. The timeline too.

clockwork green

It's been a great year or two for pedals. My Timeline, Space and BlueSky are just amazing. The POG was fantastic and somehow the POG2 is even better. I'm hoping the EHX Superego is as great as some of the demos I've seen on YouTube. Black Arts has rewritten the book for awesome fuzz for stoner/doom. The turbo tuner is insanely accurate and yet small and cheap. It's a great time to be a gear whore with spending money.

Mr. Foxen

Forgot to post this here:

Cab to match my most obscure amp.

clockwork green

Wow! It's rare to see something I've never heard of. What the hell is Stak?

Mr. Foxen

Actually spoke to the guy who made them. a shop asked him if he could make them a run of amps cheaper than Sound City who could make them for x amount, he reckoned he could, made the first batch, realised it was more work than it was worth, and the shop turned out to be totally lying when they quoted how much sound city would do them for, so that's all he made.

clockwork green

New (used) bass cab day. JBL cab with a pair of 15" EV's

grimniggzy

Not new but this is the first time I took this baby out to a gig.

Pulled that Dan Armstrong out...

VOLVO)))

Man, Sunn's are getting fuckin' played in some Grind/hardcore/punk digs. I love this shit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

yeah dude, rocking a beta lead + beta bass rig for guitar
my bass player uses a concert bass

best grimey guitar tones.

Corey Y

If I ever play guitar in another fast punk/hardcore/crust/whatevercore band I would totally use my Beta Bass. Sounds mean as hell. I like it way better on guitar than bass.

moose23

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 15, 2012, 03:32:07 PM
Man, Sunn's are getting fuckin' played in some Grind/hardcore/punk digs. I love this shit.

Sunn's have always been used at these type of gigs..