Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: dogfood on September 22, 2014, 09:29:07 PM

Those Eu Claire Thunders seem awesome, with the More Mids switch (TONEBLAST) and Feedback switch. If I was needing another great bass fuzz I would consider that one.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

awwwwww. you guys and your pedals. they are all so awesome. how do y'all dig these gems up?
(I watched the demos, fuckin a)

hey, after I get a few more maybe we could swap a pedal for a week to demo it before purchasing one or to write it off.
what I get will have to help my synths out too.

I still want to get my delay pedal(s) first, but goddamn, it sure wouldn't be hard to get derailed.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Pissy

Quote from: black on September 22, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Custom made, or do you have a link/address, Pissy?

yeah sort of.  The girl that rents my old house works there and sets up a spot in the local Sunday hipster flea market at one of the venues here.  Normally they have plastic buckles, and I wanted the metal ones.  I also got the tabs to be super thick leather so they didn't wallow out as easily. 

So I guess it was custom made by this place.

http://www.rustyknucklesmusic.com/collections/all

Vinyls.   deal.

black

Thanks!

(after perusing that link, I see what you mean about the hipster deal. banjo straps predominantly featured. surprised there weren't any ukulele straps..)
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Omlet

I needed a new short cable for recording purposes (I'm a bedroom warrior). And I picked up these two new (at least new for me) Dunlop Tortex picks. Must try them, I'm very curious about them, especially about the fact that they are more pointy than regular Dunlop picks.

jibberish

i'm a Guitar Center stu. I use super slinky's and .96 tortex or more preferably, .96gator grips.  how boring heh. but whatever that plastic is, it is easier to hang onto.

I like those gator grips when they wear down into almost a billy gibbons peso and any side is the same as any other side. my son always laughs about my precious "broken in" picks because I have a couple sealed bags of new ones as backup. little fucking purple picks are everywhere around here.

speaking of GC, they sent me some 15% off anything $300 or over coupon. that is a nice discount on something like a synth that is priced tight with everyone else. not so much on some dartboard price $5grand custom shop guitar.   maybe mini brute SE. maybe big ole fender 65 reverb combo, maybe a really awesome pedal,

OR maybe a taylor 314ce.....

VOLVO)))

Yeah... Im looking into a nice acoustic myself.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I might have a lot of crap but one thing I lack is a good acoustic. Might play more damn guitar if I had one sittin on a stand upstairs.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Yeah... Get me one, too

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Geez, everybody needs at least one acoustic—get hoppin', gentlemen!
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

you aint just a strummin' Dixie.

well maybe you are, but we sure aint none...

Jake

This showed up on Friday. I suppose I'll have to keep it company.

poop.

RAGER

Quote from: RacerX on September 29, 2014, 05:19:47 PM

I've got 5 I think.  Just that none of them are any good.
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

Ultra GP... maaaaan.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on September 30, 2014, 06:25:25 PM
Quote from: RacerX on September 29, 2014, 05:19:47 PM

I've got 5 I think.  Just that none of them are any good.

No excuses—bring all five to the local Music-Go-Round or pawn shop & trade up!
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

Boss FZ-2, sounds almost exactly like the Behr clone which is what I was expecting.

Pissy

Quote from: Jake on September 30, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
This showed up on Friday. I suppose I'll have to keep it company.

Where did you find this?
Vinyls.   deal.

Corey Y

Nice score on the Ovation Jake.

Jake

I was being coy with the details. A friend of mine was selling it and my ol' lady picked it up as a small "savings bond" type investment. She doesn't play, so I will have to be in charge of making sure it still makes noise while her investment "matures."
poop.

everdrone

cool score!   Josh Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age digs those.

Zero

Quote from: Jake on October 01, 2014, 10:17:43 AM
I was being coy with the details. A friend of mine was selling it and my ol' lady picked it up as a small "savings bond" type investment. She doesn't play, so I will have to be in charge of making sure it still makes noise while her investment "matures."

I'd like some visitation rights.