Truckfighters

Started by sleestak, July 15, 2011, 10:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

Cloner-rock yes but I like em and I'm gonna go see em this Saturday.  Anyone seen them on this US tour?

STONER ROCK MUSIC
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

I'll be seeing them Tuesday.
What Would Scooby Do ?

yesca

there not really coming close to me for the U.S. tour but if they did i would go for sure. TRUCKFIGHTERS!

Jor el

Saw them last night.

Hmmm
What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

I'm a fan, so it was enjoyable.
Started off strong and ended strong - got kinda muddy through the middle with some off vocals.

Maybe I needed more booze.
What Would Scooby Do ?

yesca

Quote from: Jor el on July 23, 2011, 12:00:11 AM

I'm a fan, so it was enjoyable.
Started off strong and ended strong - got kinda muddy through the middle with some off vocals.

Maybe I needed more booze.

yah ive seen some live videos of them and yeah the vocals always seemed bland like wasn't mixed it well or something but i chalked it off just cause it was coming off a camera. good to hear they kicked ass.

Jor el

Lots of energy.
They drew aboot 40-50 people on a Tuesday night.
I wanted a shirt, but I don't trust their sizing. I already have a Dozer shirt I can't wear.

I'll be checking oot Torche at the same venue this Tuesday.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Shig...O.T.H.

Sooooo fuckin bummed they're not comin out to the West Coast

Metal and Beer

Saw 'em tonight (w/ Lo-Pan and The Midnight Ghost Train), they were great. Good showmanship, solid rockin', would read again. They had a keen new beat that was easy to dance to !  haha
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

ron

I think the Truckfighters are one of the best bands going- I was a fan since their first release 10 years ago. Last night, they played for roughly 80 minutes, which is pretty damn impressive, seeing as how most bands play 40. I'm also surprised at how much the crowd knew their music- apparently there are a lot of stonerrock fans who don't come to this website (or go to other stonerrock shows in NYC)- last night, the place was packed and pretty crazy.
I was also pleasantly surprised by The Midnight Ghost Train- very entertaining live band. They weren't reinventing the wheel, but every song was pretty heavy and a ton of groove... the singer/g'tar has a great stage presence; he was fun to watch. I haven't been into a set that much (where I knew nothing about the band) in a loong time.
Focus on the riff.

Metal and Beer

Agreed, that guy in the MGT is awesome, kind of a Dixie Dave wildman-totally-feeling-the-groove vibe...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

supershit

So fucking good live band. Saw them in a little club called El Gringo, even though a kinda lame audience they delivered so much. So much energy and so much fuzz, and of course volume.

sleestak

Midnight Ghost Train is an awesome live band.  I bought their first album on the strength of their live set but it's not very good in comparison to the live act.  Talking to the frontman dude he kinda indicated the all too familiar "our first album is shit but our new one better captures it" so I plan to get around to picking up their new release that I think just came out a month or two ago.  I'd go see them live again.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Soundgardenia

Seriously bummed for them not coming even close to LA... but heh
Were the vocals maybe a PA / mixing thing or was it shitty everywhere?
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

themusketking

Was lucky enough to open for them back in March on the opening night of the tour.  They seemed jet lagged and there was a decent crowd, but they brought it anyway. I was very very impressed.  Love that band.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

natehusky

We (me & ol musket king up there) at band practice the other day . How good they were but how energetic they were . The guitar player was all over the place . Bands don't really move anymore .