anyone know anything about this guitar?

Started by ROWDYBEER, July 16, 2011, 09:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROWDYBEER

Looks cool and I love quality old japanese guitars. Never had a hollowbody. Maybe sunno can fix it up for me for some peanuts.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/msg/2496995029.html

black_out

nope, but I find it odd that the same person that "doesn't know if sweat got into the wood, or if that is a bad thing", also seems to know that it's important that the neck is straight and the action is low.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

RAGER

Quote from: black_out on July 16, 2011, 10:15:15 AM
nope, but I find it odd that the same person that "doesn't know if sweat got into the wood, or if that is a bad thing", also seems to know that it's important that the neck is straight and the action is low.
these are exactly my thoughts.  and that he observed that the binding wasn't pulling away and that he pulled out pups and showed the underside of them.  Somethings fishy methinks
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I dunno if it looks 'fishy' but it's not the 'bro price' for a no-name guitar.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Metal and Beer

The "fishy" part is dude acting like he knows next to nothing then displaying that actually knows more than nothing, but yeah I agree that 350 isn't very bro, bro. He's clearly fishing for a "it might be some undiscovered diamond!!" buyer
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

I didn't read the add very closely :embarrassed:
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

spookstrickland

350 for a guitar some one gave to him...What a Douche!

if he wants 350 just leave that part out of the post otherwise it is insulting as hell!!!!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

johnny problem

He referred to the neck as looking like a piece of drift wood. 

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Bandit

Dude is asking Ebay prices on CL, which is kinda bullshit. 

jibberish

get a new ibanez artcore for $350 is what i would do with 350hollowbody dollars

Ranbat

Somebody is obviously trying to hide what brand it was since they sanded of the headstock. My guess is that it's a Korean made guitar similar to an Agile. He's seriously trying to dupe somebody.
Meh :/

MikeyT

Quote from: jibberish on July 17, 2011, 06:21:17 AM
get a new ibanez artcore for $350 is what i would do with 350hollowbody dollars

Hate to beat a deadhorse (or a dead horse, for that matter), but seriously, those Ibanez AS-73's rule.

A beautiful $400 Gibson ES-335ish (semi-hollow body) guitar and you don't need to swap the pups.
You might still get one for $300 or less used from CL.

I bought my first one after spending several hours playing every (moderately priced or lower) guitar in the store. I was deeply prejudiced against the Ibanez name, and I couldn't believe the quality I was seeing/feeling/hearing; but after trying this, trying that, and finally going back again & again to the same guitar, and then after having my level headed guitar playing buddy check it out, I finally aquiesced.
I've never regretted it.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

ROWDYBEER

yeah fuck that guitar and the guy who posted it. Knows a lot about it but nothing when it comes to clearly fucked up issues such as zero finish on the neck. And he obviously did some research and knows it is not a worth shit. Fuck craigslist bugs me sometimes.