Main Menu

what's YOUR band up to?

Started by justinhedrick, July 18, 2011, 09:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

mine is taking a break right now because our drummer had a baby.

meeting with the synth player tomorrow night to work on new songs for a 4 song concept EP that we are recording in the fall. bass player might be moving back to his hometown 2 hours away, so i have a new one lined up if that happens.

other than that nothing is going on with my band. what's going on with yours?

VOLVO)))

Löwe is playing with Cough on the 7th of September, Praying is playing on the 31st at a big local reunion show, and... playing with the Body on the 10th of Sept.... exciting.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Slow

yeah, guitar in Löwe, and drums in Praying. It's kind of great.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on July 18, 2011, 11:48:50 AM
As in goes up to 11 ::)

good! my ol' sovtek used to go to 11. my peavey only goes to 10 now, you are 3 louder than me!

Corey Y

Just practicing and writing new material. It goes pretty slow naturally, just because we're all pretty laid back people, but we've had a lot of delays and set backs this year so far. Injury, infirmity, family emergencies and the like making it difficult to practice regularly. It's coming along though, hopefully the second half of the year will go more smoothly and we'll be able to get a new recording out next year.

LogicalFrank

We are supposedly taking a break from playing shows so we can work on new songs. We are the least prolific band ever.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

RAGER

My main band (The Black Budget) is on hiatus but I have been asked to play drums for a couple reunion shows with Members of the Press.  Not sure if I will or not.
No Focus Pocus

justinhedrick

is so nice to hear that other bands have so much life get in the way of music.

frank, i doubt you guys are the LEAST prolific band in the world . . . we are!

beerrhino

Festering...
Been without a drummer for around 2 years

justinhedrick

Quote from: beerrhino on July 18, 2011, 12:45:22 PM
Festering...

that's sucks. where are you located?

RacerX

Transitioning to 2-piece because our bassist suddenly quit.

We'll see what happens. The material isn't really suitable for 2-piece, so hopefully this will be a temporary thing.
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

things have been unusually slow this summer. a few venues here have been harder and harder to book gigs. i have had more bands than ever ask to help with shows and i cant do shit for them. which is very frustrating.

our big event is the experi-MENTAL music fest we are playing in august in brooklyn. should be a great time and hopefully makes up for the lack of shows over the rest of the summer.

if any of you are around nyc the first weekend of august..check it out.
http://www.alrealon.co.uk/ExperiMENTALFestival3/index.html 

black_out

Just finished mixing four tracks for a cassette release. Working on some new tunes. Got a show coming up with Might Could in September I think...Trying to nail down some dates for a little four day tour in November.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

justinhedrick

Quote from: RacerX on July 18, 2011, 12:57:12 PM

We'll see what happens. The material isn't really suitable for 2-piece, so hopefully this will be a temporary thing.

that sucks. i really dig sandia man . . . uh, man.

mortlock

Quote from: black_out on July 18, 2011, 01:29:24 PM
Just finished mixing four tracks for a cassette release. Working on some new tunes. Got a show coming up with Might Could in September I think...Trying to nail down some dates for a little four day tour in November.
cool, on the cassette release. im all about cassettes as the 'new' way to release music. my band has a cassette out with another on the way..hopefully.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: RacerX on July 18, 2011, 12:57:12 PM

POG + Jon's ACC rig...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

beerrhino

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 18, 2011, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: beerrhino on July 18, 2011, 12:45:22 PM
Festering...

that's sucks. where are you located?

West Palm Beach FL

zachoff

Finished our EP a while back, but haven't gotten it to press (mp3s are up on our Reverb page).  Played Love thy Chopper 5 on Saturday and killed it.  Got booked to Denver Doomfest in December, but looking for shows to play before now & then!

justinhedrick

zachoff

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 18, 2011, 01:49:22 PM
nice rig zachoff.

I'm the bass player, but our guitar player is ROWDYBEER & he's on here too from time to time.