Main Menu

Amps w/ white baffles

Started by justinhedrick, July 18, 2011, 04:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

talked to a local woodworker who is going to hook me up with a new 2x15 baffle for an old 4x12 sized cabinet.

i was thinking of painting the baffle white. i thought that might look cool from behind the grill cloth.

didn't Sunn do this for awhile?

dogfood

yup, I'm staring at one right now.  Looks perfectly cool to me.
Problem solving whiskey!

SpaceTrucker

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

spookstrickland

I love those old Sunns with white baffles. 
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Jake

poop.

grimniggzy

Yup, got one here...

IMO it's kind of cheesy, I guess, but this way everyone knows I'm rocking 15's and no puny little 10's, haha

justinhedrick

i like the look of it and now want to paint all of my baffles white.

i wonder why the originally started doing this?

grimniggzy

I really think it was just so they'd look a little different and make the speakers pop out at you.

justinhedrick

Quote from: grimniggzy on July 25, 2011, 01:22:20 PM
I really think it was just so they'd look a little different and make the speakers pop out at you.

that could be!

neighbor664

White baffles?
You some kinda racist?

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

clockwork green

I want some clear cabs. A 4x12 loaded with EV's and solid plexiglass should be around 175lbs or so but totally worth it. Clear is the new white (baffle).
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

I,Galactus

After reading the moody blues thread over in GD, I keep setting the name of this thread to "Nights in White Satin" in my head.

Ams w/ white baffles... lookin' so clean...

:D
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

justinhedrick

Quote from: I,Galactus on July 26, 2011, 09:00:22 AM
After reading the moody blues thread over in GD, I keep setting the name of this thread to "Nights in White Satin" in my head.

Ams w/ white baffles... lookin' so clean...

:D

that's awesome.

grimniggzy

Quote from: clockwork green on July 26, 2011, 05:51:21 AM
I want some clear cabs. A 4x12 loaded with EV's and solid plexiglass should be around 175lbs or so but totally worth it. Clear is the new white (baffle).

Chh Chh Chh Chh Chh Chh Check It Out

justinhedrick

didn't josh homme use those clear ampeg cabs for them crooked vultures live stuff?

i remember reading somewhere that plexiglass for speaker cabs (esp bass) is cool because it is voidless and doesn't really sympathetically vibrate. don't know if it is true or not?

grimniggzy

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 27, 2011, 12:55:42 PM
didn't josh homme use those clear ampeg cabs for them crooked vultures live stuff?

i remember reading somewhere that plexiglass for speaker cabs (esp bass) is cool because it is voidless and doesn't really sympathetically vibrate. don't know if it is true or not?

not sure about homme. but yeah, i bet they sound and perform great. must be beastly to load day in and day out though.