COD: MW3???

Started by bitter, September 04, 2011, 01:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

Anybody else here a COD junkie? I'm kind of late to the series, started right at the tail end of COD4. MW2 was the 1st one I bought and played the shit out of that game until my 360 red-ringed. Got back into the series with Black ops on the PS3. I'm big into the youtube commentator scene and try to stay current with most of the gaming updates. That being said, I've been checking out all the mw3 multiplayer reveals over the last couple days.

After viewing some of the content, many feel the game is more of an update rather than a new release. I've heard some referring to it as MW2.5  :(! MW2 had some serious balancing issues and lacked any real support from the developers. It does seem as though they've worked a lot of the bugs out, nerf'd overpowered weapons/perks/killstreaks, but only time will tell if the game can really deliver come this fall...

I'm excited for this release, albeit somewhat apprehensive given some of the previous statements. What about y'all? Think the new Battlefield stands a chance to give COD a run for its money?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Beerjerk

COD has been using the same engine since COD4: MW1. This game looks more like a re-skin than an update. It's turning into the Madden of shooters, with it's yearly releases. Plus, $15 map packs 3-4 times a year affect my drinking budget.

Battlefield 3 is where it's at. That franchise has free map updates, new engines with every new game, HUGE maps, vehicles, and more in-depth combat (medic, engineer, sniper, scout), which allows more strategy and teamwork. Also, you can destroy EVERYTHING you see. A sniper camping on that 4th floor? No problem, level the whole building on his ass. COD is just a dumb run-n'-shoot with no real substance.

sleestak

I may put together a new PC just to play BF3.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

bitter

I have a love/hate thing with Battlefield in general. Had 1942 and Vietnam back in '04 as well as BF2. Those games are just so clunky and weighted that it's a pain for me to move around. I like how fluid and fast COD games are. I would be more excited about BF3 if it wasn't for the beta/demo that came out for Bad Company 2. Downloaded that shit and was immediately reminded of how weighted their games are. Like concrete sometimes!  I honestly cannot see this changing, new engine(s) or not. On top of all that, the console versions always suffer when ported from PC games like BF and Counterstrike.... But to play devil's advocate, people complain the PS3 port of Black ops was poorly done  :-\. COD definitely feels like an aging pro athlete [as does BF, to a much lesser extent]; still in the spotlight but it's clear that they've missed a few steps and that's when a rookie comes out of nowhere and pushes your shit in.

grimniggzy

I bought this game and that Elite Pro thing.
I fucking hate ALL the maps and haven't played in weeks.
FUCK IW!

bitter

Yep, pretty disappointing. I haven't played in about a month. The series is stale and the developers are complacent. they won't fix the overall problems that plague the franchise. Nobody else has made a game that can topple COD and/or outsell them so they just keep releasing the same basic thing. It will be the death of the franchise in a couple years time.

Take the camping; it's so prevalent that they'll never change or combat it. Not because it would be difficult to address but because it would truly ding their profits as the majority of gamers play like bitches.

The maps are gay, guns suck, and even with the defensive killstreaks, people still camp to get the assault ones.