flesh marbles

Started by mortlock, September 07, 2011, 02:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

from 95 -98 i was in a band called the flesh marbels, chris schepp,vocals,gt,organ. charlie x,bass. brian todd,drums. tom byrne,lead guitar,vocals. and later jeff leon, on bass. we played , milestones,ferakazoid, bug jar, penny arcade, playing fuzz fueled punk, psych,blues and freakrock.one album came out, freezdried brains .it was recorded at ar-pad studios in rochester may 1996.and came out summer 96,dispite good reviews, moderate airplay, and a good follwing from the warehouse rats,it sank without a trace.after building up a huge set list of odd numbers from their notorious practices played live on the radio WITR on rick petris live china radio show ,on november 14 1997 .playing the controversial ojay is free. in 98 jeff leon replaced charlie nickerbacker, on bass played a pair of shows at scorgies , at that time called token joes. recorded an unreleased ep,junk drawer, fireball xl5,conan the barbarian . played a few more gigs, but the band as creative as it was , due to unique personalities,lots of pot and beer,was prone to confrontations,and disputes.like a truly unique creature , that tried to live and only wanted to be loved but knew it only had a short time hung it self when it didnt get it by twisting its neck into a knot sqweezing all the creative juices out its ears causing a pre- mature death ,so we called it quits in the spring of 98.it wasnt always pretty, but we had alot of fun we recorded every thing we played live and in practice ,we even created new musical forms gut - hustlin , piss rock, semi -gelatinious-velveta-cheese-muzack.to me there was something special and legendary about looking at the flesh marbels, we were not the most popular,or pretty band by a long shot, but we had an endless supply of original and truly weird freak rock coming out our heads as well as hi drama and divine comedy.when i hear marbels recordings today i hear raw energy that is every bit alive today, maybe that weird creature is still alive. love to hear from any one, looking to share ,and spread the word about some of the various bands i was in the 90s. my e mail is chicoz5@msn.com. i would like to share my recordings, and posters of flesh marbels,also mind furnace 1991-1993, and headstash1993-94,and flogging catatonics,1998-2000

mortlock

actually this wasnt my band..i posted this about a good friends band..it was his blog that i reposted here. i seem to have confused myself..

black

You're not the only one confused. And I'm a little bit sad that your name isn't Chicoz.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

mortlock

how do you know chico z.??

black

"...love to hear from any one, looking to share ,and spread the word about some of the various bands i was in the 90s. my e mail is chicoz5@msn.com. i would like to share my recordings, and posters of flesh marbels,also mind furnace 1991-1993, and headstash1993-94,and flogging catatonics,1998-2000 "

...actually this wasnt my band..i posted this about a good friends band..it was his blog that i reposted here...

I'm not always as think as I stoned I am.

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

mortlock

mortlock

just saw chico z..galactic harbour is getting ready to record some new material this summer..